Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calling All Black California Ocean Owners

So maybe best to empty the box before raising the roof on an ocean but the box can stay in situ while empty. I think it’s a great way to keep the main space in the van clear.
Another item for the long and growing shopping list!!
How do you access the box? Stand on the sliding door step?

How do you access the box? Stand on the sliding door step?
Standing on the step gets you too the box and then standing on the edge of the bench gets you into the box. If I’m away in the snow, I keep things in the box that I don’t want in the van like snow chains, snowboards and climbing gear. I use a telescopic ladder for those trips and it helps for clearing snow of the solar panel on the box. But you probably shouldn’t listen to my advice as I don’t empty the box when I pop the top. 9168DEAC-D630-4587-9B4E-95CE667BC1DD.png

thats exactly what i needed to see thank you so much, i used to have a black sports car so yes i guess it will be a bugger , but when it looks like yours then i would be very very happy indeed thanks so much!!
Here is “Bertie” in black not trying to blend in

thats exactly what i needed to see thank you so much, i used to have a black sports car so yes i guess it will be a bugger , but when it looks like yours then i would be very very happy indeed thanks so much!!
Once you start using it and you want to revisit that mirror like/camouflage look I can only recommend a good DIY detailing
Thread 'Lockdown and new skills'
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/lockdown-and-new-skills.34656/

Attachments

• 36DDBB84-6F82-4F25-B157-2E0EC3AD900C.jpeg
    36DDBB84-6F82-4F25-B157-2E0EC3AD900C.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 36
I am so excited that I have finally ordered my dream cali ocean 6.1, in black , and would love to see any images of one if anyone has the same? gone for terisana 18 inch wheels and am now just counting the days down and would dearly love to see any pics of same colour from owners thank you so much :)
4CBE2674-8B7A-420A-BB52-797FB1FA4528.jpeg
All taken last summer. It’s our first Cali and bought just before they became hot property. I went to have a quick look at our local dealers and bought on the spot (it was an ‘end of line‘ sale). My defence? I’ve wanted one since I was about five years old (a friend of my dad had a T1 or T2 that he’d converted himself and I‘ve wanted one ever since I first saw it in the mid-seventies). So not quite an impulse buy! The kids, five and eight, love it!

Attachments

• 343862AE-BFCA-4AD2-8847-5C17D827CA01.jpeg
    343862AE-BFCA-4AD2-8847-5C17D827CA01.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 1C1BEED6-3C5E-4A31-B91F-E7014C242183.jpeg
    1C1BEED6-3C5E-4A31-B91F-E7014C242183.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 38
View attachment 72795
All taken last summer. It’s our first Cali and bought just before they became hot property. I went to have a quick look at our local dealers and bought on the spot (it was an ‘end of line‘ sale). My defence? I’ve wanted one since I was about five years old (a friend of my dad had a T1 or T2 that he’d converted himself and I‘ve wanted one ever since I first saw it in the mid-seventies). So not quite an impulse buy! The kids, five and eight, love it!
stunning thank you so much the story made it 100 times better

View attachment 72795
Great photo

Lovely van. Must be tough getting a new Cali in lockdown, things will get better.
Trying to focus on how fortunate we are to have it, but you’re absolutely right that we‘re desperate to get out in the camper with our young children and have some adventures

We've had our camper for just over a week and had our first cup of coffee (made in the van) in a local car park today, we absolutely love it :)

View attachment 72769

Lovely camper. Is that a fifth seat hiding in the back there? I hadn’t thought about the fact that you could spin it around too.

6.1 front end looks good in black :cool:
Black with the black springfield wheels and darker tint you get with the sports package would look great. (Though all the other bits would be invisible - black b pillars, wing mirrors and undertray...)

Lovely camper. Is that a fifth seat hiding in the back there? I hadn’t thought about the fact that you could spin it around too.

Yep, that is a fifth seat. You can move it forwards and backwards down the rails and also spin through 180 degrees which was handy when we stopped for coffee yesterday. I haven't read what the guidance is about which way if should face while travelling though and so we've just had it facing forwards so far. It does also have isofix fixings which could be handy for our seating options with two young children.

I haven't read what the guidance is about which way if should face while travelling though and so we've just had it facing forwards so far.

5th seat is designed to be used either forward or backward facing. Just not sideways when travelling.

It does take up a lot more room facing backwards as the top of it hits the back of the drivers seat so it needs to be moved further to the rear of the van.

And never use a mechanical polisher, always use a cloth.
As a former Black Cali owner ( reluctantly sold before price explosion Grrrrh).A word of warning ! I spent a full night (& I mean 7 hours) defending my highly polished black Cali against the aggressive advances of a peacock who saw his reflection as potential love interest or competitor ( I was never quite sure which)

As a former Black Cali owner ( reluctantly sold before price explosion Grrrrh).A word of warning ! I spent a full night (& I mean 7 hours) defending my highly polished black Cali against the aggressive advances of a peacock who saw his reflection as potential love interest or competitor ( I was never quite sure which)

I would have simply enjoyed grilled Peacock for breakfast. Far less effort for all involved, you could say :D

5th seat is designed to be used either forward or backward facing. Just not sideways when travelling.

It does take up a lot more room facing backwards as the top of it hits the back of the drivers seat so it needs to be moved further to the rear of the van.
Awesome, thanks for this, I'm thinking it might be a more sociable option when we have Grandma onboard as she could face the children

Awesome, thanks for this, I'm thinking it might be a more sociable option when we have Grandma onboard as she could face the children

Worth keeping in mind (just because i've seen a youtube family who hadn't realised)

If ccarrying an infant, they need to be rear facing. That means rear facing the direction of travel, NOT the chair theyre attached to.

We have the same plans with a 5th seat (once we can pick it up!) and have our 3mo on the 5th seat for long journeys, which will then allow her to be facing Mum on the bench.

There are a couple of threads on here about detailing/paint care, black has a tendency to show cobwebs and fine scratches if not looked after. Avoid jet wash ‘foam brushes’ and ‘hand car wash’ places. Bit of extra effort, but when they are nice they look very posh.

I am so excited that I have finally ordered my dream cali ocean 6.1, in black , and would love to see any images of one if anyone has the same? gone for terisana 18 inch wheels and am now just counting the days down and would dearly love to see any pics of same colour from owners thank you so much :)
Recently sold but loved my Black T5.1 4motion .
Had it ceramic coated and a shiny black wrap on the bonnet . Black looks spectacular when clean !FE27C586-2FBA-4CB1-9E51-D409A3B15A2C.png

My van was in for a repair under warranty at a VW main dealer. They ‘cleaned’ it before they handed it back. Full of deep scratches. I highlighted it to the service manager. He said he was appalled. He has booked it in for detailing for 3-4 days and will provide a courtesy vehicle. D731CF18-2B35-4BBA-82F3-65B501B57CBE.jpegE7EC8E2A-EC81-46E9-A409-A9626D45617B.jpeg

Very nice wheel/tyre combo you have there - mind if I ask what they are?

Back