Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calling All Black California Ocean Owners

I hope they can sort it out for you...Deep scratches doesn’t sound good.

Provided they are not into the paint where there is a will there is a way

My van was in for a repair under warranty at a VW main dealer. They ‘cleaned’ it before they handed it back. Full of deep scratches. I highlighted it to the service manager. He said he was appalled. He has booked it in for detailing for 3-4 days and will provide a courtesy vehicle. View attachment 81907View attachment 81908
So BV Detailing in Carlisle were booked to repair the damage. They did a full machine strip. Highly recommended. It’s a sad chapter with an ending I’m content with. Problems occur but this was pretty unacceptable. The service manager booked it in and supplied a courtesy van and had no issue with me keeping it for two additional days for my campervan to be ceramic coated (at my expense).
CB8A736D-41D0-4A1E-A7A8-52BBD77F7021.jpeg

So BV Detailing in Carlisle were booked to repair the damage. They did a full machine strip. Highly recommended. It’s a sad chapter with an ending I’m content with. Problems occur but this was pretty unacceptable. The service manager booked it in and supplied a courtesy van and had no issue with me keeping it for two additional days for my campervan to be ceramic coated (at my expense).
View attachment 82242
So glad you have had the problem resolved.
I usually ask the dealer not to wash the exterior of the vehicle, clean it before I take it in and photograph exterior to try and avoid this sort of issue or have evidence of condition as left.
Would be helpful if the Video condition reports that lots of dealers are doing were done on receipt of vehicle and at hand back, to confirm acceptable return condition compared to as received.
Sad that there are too many owners reporting this needless damage to their vehicles.

Looks good. Makes sense to add the ceramic since they were doing a correction anyway.

I had our Golf Anniversary delivered back to my house by the dealer late on a Friday afternoon, after the dealers had closed, having had a new set of very expensive BBS wheels fitted. The delivery driver cleared off pronto. Then I inspected the vehicle to find the nearside front have been heavily curbed. Not only had the wheel been badly damaged, but the tyre was also cut. Luckily I took a date stamped photograph to prove when I saw the damage. I don't know what would have happened if I've waited till Monday to report it, or driven it for few weeks before noticing the damage. It was only two miles from the dealers to our house!
Lessons learnt, always inspect quickly and take photographs before taking a vehicle into a dealer.

Back