Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali names

My son named my last camper Gloria after the hippo in Madagascar as she was silver. I'm waiting to see what name the Cali gets but I like the sound of Sally.
He named our new Audi A1 mighty red last year so who knows what could come out .

Sally the Cali :thumb Like it!

All of our Cali's have names, and matching plates (nothing illegally spaced either:thumb)

Plates and names, and why;

BO61NOR = Bognor - Because we could and it was really cheap
LL11LLK = Lilli K - Named after my business partners daughter
OL11SAR = Oli & Sarah = My wife and I....
HY11DEN = Hayden - justins sons name
HH11HAZ = Haz - My eldest son
AN12ELA = Aniela - My daughter
N3RMO = Nemo - Plate came in on a part exchange

I am presently looking for a Dylan plate for my other son, to go on our 8th Cali.....:thumb

Glad i don't own 8 Hotel California's ....it would be a full time job just cleaning and pampering the 8 of them the way i treath mine....:cool:

Glad i don't own 8 Hotel California's ....it would be a full time job just cleaning and pampering the 8 of them the way i treath mine....:cool:

I have quite bad OCD, so the Cali's are kept immaculate at all times. We make customers feel like they are picking up a brand new California everytime

Well it's oficial after a Skype call to the little man to tell hi, we now own a Cali I can confirm her name is SALLY! Lol

He liked it so it will stick.

When we ordered her she was just called Beach. When she was six weeks overdue we called her Bitch. When she finally arrived she became Betsy. And she has been wearing that name with pride ever since!

IMG_0847VW.jpg

My grandson calls ours Candy! Well it is white but sounds like a star in a west coast film when he shouts it out !

The Ark...because it rains whenever we go camping in the Cali.

Our 2yo grand daughter has christened our Cali "Pinky Ponk", or Ponk for short.

I'm sure you all watch CBeebies and will know where this comes from, I just hope I don't keep bumping into trees with it ...:D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Night_Garden

So we've got Albert, Ariadne, Zebedee, Syd I can recall off the top of my head, what's your's called and why? (Or have we already had this thread?)
I hope you don't drive it like the Pinky Ponk? How Upsey Daisy and Iggle Piggle don't get travel sick I shall never know!

I hope you don't drive it like the Pinky Ponk? How Upsey Daisy and Iggle Piggle don't get travel sick I shall never know!
Yeah, them, Makka Pakka and the Tombleboos. I don't know how they all fit in, they're bigger than the Pinky Ponk when are are outside it and shrink when they are inside. Pity our Cali doesn't share that feature. :D

PS: A few names for your new Cali's there if you're stuck

Yeah, them, Makka Pakka and the Tombleboos. I don't know how they all fit in, they're bigger than the Pinky Ponk when are are outside it and shrink when they are inside. Pity our Cali doesn't share that feature. :D

PS: A few names for your new Cali's there if you're stuck
And as for the Pontipines, it sounds like they all have the most appalling flatulence which probably explains why they have their own well ventilated area in the Pinky Ponk, similar to upstairs deck in the Cali. Perhaps that's why VW have insisted on keeping the breathable canvas bellows. They think of every thing!

Last edited:
And as for the Wattingers, it sounds like they all have the most appalling flatulence which probably explains why they have their own well ventilated area in the Pinky Ponk, similar to upstairs deck in the Cali. Perhaps that's why VW have insisted on keeping the breathable canvas bellows. They think of every thing!
I can see we need to start a new thread on CBeebies programmes :D

" The Van " and SWMBO' MX5 is known as " The Skateboard".

Ours is called Fred......everyone made fun of us getting a wee van the size of a bed, so Fred the Bed it was!

I'm not very good at names, mine is called "The Van" too. People sometimes name them from the number plate, my number plate ends Kzr, so not many ideas here.

My 30 year old van is called Cookie, because it was Cookie Monster blue when I got it. It is no longer that colour but Ive not changed the name.

I'm not very good at names, mine is called "The Van" too. People sometimes name them from the number plate, my number plate ends Kzr, so not many ideas here.

My 30 year old van is called Cookie, because it was Cookie Monster blue when I got it. It is no longer that colour but Ive not changed the name.

TRUCK
My truck VW syncro single cab dropside pick-up was called the truck I had it for 21 1/2 years Brilliant truck very comfortable, long drives to and from sites often around 70 miles and one three week site 125 each way every day,( Should have had the Cali then ) ideal for forestry work All tools out of sight in the under floor lockers 3 or four chainsaws, spanners and other spares. I sold it when I bought my first Cali. However I still call the Cali a truck, can't help it
Timber

The original number had JHF so it was called Jeff at first but it really didn't suit it so it became The Van like many others here. I was thinking I might call it Ziggy after the recent death of Bowie, a Heroe of mine, but that has been used already. Might call it Major Tom...I hope there is never 'something wrong' with him!