Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cali names

When we picked our Cali up, my wife and I said we would let the van decide. As it happens the number plate had the hint. So, 'Ziggy', it is? We really are old enough to know better but, hey, we are enjoying our second childhood.

Depends on my mood... "The Van", "The Cali" but mostly Poppy because she has a pop top. What is cool is that the front of house chaps in our local dealership call her Poppy too. One chap said he when into the workshop to ask if "Poppy is ready" and they all looked at him like he was mental. He said that lead to a long conversation about why Cali owners are so particular (Not a bad conversation to have in my book).

He said that lead to a long conversation about why Cali owners are so particular

Are you sure it was "particular" and not "peculiar"? ;)

I know which they think applies to me... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Mine is called UGLY, the reg plate is almost that, and it stuck. Poor Cali :-(

Not true though! Maybe not pretty, handsome maybe ;)
Never seen and UGLY Cali. I love mine, the name just stuck, and it sure aint ugly. Why oh why did I get a plate that made me think UGLY whenever I look at it! UGY. Just cant wait to get some camping done, spring on its way...yaayyyyyy!! :)

Never seen and UGLY Cali. I love mine, the name just stuck, and it sure aint ugly. Why oh why did I get a plate that made me think UGLY whenever I look at it! UGY. Just cant wait to get some camping done, spring on its way...yaayyyyyy!! :)

Could change it to "Huggy" or "Huggy Bear" or "Luigy"?? Gotta be kinder than ugly.

Could change it to "Huggy" or "Huggy Bear" or "Luigy"?? Gotta be kinder than ugly.
Ive had it for nearly a year now, and its totally stuck. I say " come on ugly, we are going out today" ! sometimes just "UG" a little kinder! Im still deciding what gender it is. I feel its a she, although big and masculine, shes white like a little ghost. Damn, Ghost would have been a cool name for her!

Our 12year old daughter christened ours Olive after Olive from on the Buses, Something to do with she had to have a girls name and she was a bus, I got some silver name stickers made on ebay, stuck them on the side windows and now all our family, friends and work colleagues call her Olive.

Our 12year old daughter christened ours Olive after Olive from on the Buses, Something to do with she had to have a girls name and she was a bus, I got some silver name stickers made on ebay, stuck them on the side windows and now all our family, friends and work colleagues call her Olive.

Was it your Olive who got a mention from Lisa Tarbuck on Radio 2 tonight? We also had a mention with Orla.

JED is our Blackberry beach, J from Joan and ED from Ted which is my wife's late Grandparents which is how we we're able to afford our beach.

Shaun

We have always named our VW's, Our Splitty is called Beau and the forthcoming Cali is going to be called Candy.

Whilst the naming is weird it builds a connection to us as a family, my kids love the VW's and camping as much as us Big kids!

Last edited:
Frau Beatrice Bacon von Bus.

Generally known as Betty or Stupid Van, depending on how broken down it is.

Depends on my mood... "The Van", "The Cali" but mostly Poppy because she has a pop top. What is cool is that the front of house chaps in our local dealership call her Poppy too. One chap said he when into the workshop to ask if "Poppy is ready" and they all looked at him like he was mental. He said that lead to a long conversation about why Cali owners are so particular (Not a bad conversation to have in my book).
Our Cali is called Poppy as well but only because she's red :thumb

Our Cali is called Poppy as well but only because she's red :thumb

I think that is a good a reason as ours. :thumb We might well have seen each other in passing. We go down to your neck of the woods fairly often. In fact you might recognise where my profile pic was taken.

oh yes: a good one :thumb

i live next to the Hotel Du Vin in Glasgow

Juan (the van) Carlton - we used to have a splitty and the Cali is like the Ritz-Carlton, by comparison!

Ours was named after our firs outing. Stopped for a cupper on the beach looking at the sea on Hayling Island. and so Hayley was named

We are calling ours Scamper when we get it. It just seems right to give our pride and joy a fun name.

We are calling ours Scamper when we get it. It just seems right to give our pride and joy a fun name.
I like that one - has camper in it