Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Broken key

S

spitzie

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
The chrome key holder that flips out has just broken leaving the blade in the ignition.
Fortunately I was at home and got the blade out undamaged.

Look at the broken I think I just need a replacement case to swap the blade and electronics into.
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement case?
I have a spare key so I'm ok for a while.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Hi @spitzie I had the same our local locksmith in the village sorted mine can recall the cost, High Street West End. Not sure where in Hampshire you are located.

The chrome key holder that flips out has just broken leaving the blade in the ignition.
Fortunately I was at home and got the blade out undamaged.

Look at the broken I think I just need a replacement case to swap the blade and electronics into.
Does anyone know where I can get a replacement case?
I have a spare key so I'm ok for a while.

The case was available on eBay.

I watched a couple of YouTube video about easily replacing the case and ordered a transporter key from eBay.
YouTube lied!
You need to tap back the pin in photo 1, but it goes through the lug in 2. This means you need to force it through the plastic wall round the circuit board to allow the case to be opened.
The pin holding the blade in 3, is a hollow and sprung(4), which makes removing it difficult.
Then I find the replacement case, reportedly for a T6 transporter, has a thinner blade blank than the original key. So the chrome blade holder needs some filing to fit the key blade.
Next time I'll get a locksmith to do it.
4ad4040660de89431a4996cb46261a8e.jpg
1a57095c3622c609c5cd6854cdd40418.jpg
783d0b925fb86abea99fc1b26b798fb9.jpg
69ec0f30699945e6da19c2ab40710dbe.jpg

Back