Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Best toilet

J

JacquiG

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi, Any recommendations for a porta potty to fit under the sink? Thanks!

Hi,
This is the one that most people opt for I believe ( Haven't got one ourselves yet ! )

Nah, not under the sink, you will lose loads of valuable storage space……… when the search engine is working again search for toilets and you will get every answer you never knew you had the question for :D

Try here……

We decided on the 345 (which we are pleased with) for the following reason:

1. better size for a six foot tall man
2. didn't want to take up valuable cabin space and away food etc, and
3. neatly fits in the back storage area out of the way
4. no potential smells in cabin area ‍

We have a 335 under the sink. I would keep it covered in the footwell but SWMBO denied consent. It stays there ready for emergencies but is usually unused.
We did test it for no2 at home and it didn’t leak nor smell. However it’s only taken out for nightly no1s.
I’d recommend it.

search for trobolo on the forum and internet.
had porta potti before and very happy with trobolo. Fits under the sink, much more comfortable (size and height) than porta potti, no chemicals or fluids (including their smell) , No special service stations needed for disposal.

Porta Potti 345 best option. The 335 is too small.
Fit a cover over the 345 and turns into a handy foot stool. Pun intended

20200902_115341.jpg

Nice cover. Do you have a link to this ?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn CPH2581 met Tapatalk
Made it myself from some "moon rock" colour headlining material I bought from an Auto Trimmer. Don't ask me who it was just a scrap piece they had lying around.

If you have a 335 or Trebolo these are a perfect fit. Use upside down with lid on and always ready :thumb

Off topic, but what is the net on the right?
It's the upstairs 'safey net' repurposed as part of a small bed for my grandchild to sleep in when he was just a young baby. Note. I have a T6 with a modified rear self and cushion, which is not as deep as the OEM one. It allows the rear seats to push much further back but lower bed still long enough to sleep in. The cushion used in the bed in the photo is the modified OEM rear shelf cushion.

It's the upstairs 'safey net' repurposed as part of a small bed for my grandchild to sleep in when he was just a young baby. Note. I have a T6 with a modified rear self and cushion, which is not as deep as the OEM one. It allows the rear seats to push much further back but lower bed still long enough to sleep in. The cushion used in the bed in the photo is the modified OEM rear shelf cushion.
How much did you shorten the rear cushion? I’m thinking of doing something similar to provide more floor space when the bed is down. At 170cm I really don’t need the 2m bed! Could you post a photo of the rear shelf?

OK thanks for that, I’ve got one in the back of my cali and couldn’t work out what is was.

How much did you shorten the rear cushion? I’m thinking of doing something similar to provide more floor space when the bed is down. At 170cm I really don’t need the 2m bed! Could you post a photo of the rear shelf?
Sorry for the tardy response. Photos as requested. Made the shelf myself (retired engineer) from aluminium bar and tube. The bed length finishes where the two sliding kitchen cupboard doors meet. Trimmed the OEM shelf cushion by unpicking the non rip end cutting short and re--stiched and of course trimmed the new foam too fit.

20240408_133445.jpg

20240408_133548.jpg

20240408_133625.jpg

20240408_133533.jpg

Sorry for the tardy response. Photos as requested. Made the shelf myself (retired engineer) from aluminium bar and tube. The bed length finishes where the two sliding kitchen cupboard doors meet. Trimmed the OEM shelf cushion by unpicking the non rip end cutting short and re--stiched and of course trimmed the new foam too fit.

View attachment 121671

View attachment 121672

View attachment 121673

View attachment 121674
Thanks very much for the photos. It looks really well done! So you’ve shortened the bed by about 20cm?

Can't exactly remember by how much but if you take out your OEM rearshelf and put the back seat flat. Then push the seat / bed back until the end is at the postion where the two sliding cupboard doors meet when closed.
I'm 6'1" and have no problem sleeping in the lower bed with head at tailgate end. My feet do just overhang the bed if i stretched out but no issue with that.

20210914_142246.jpg

Can't exactly remember by how much but if you take out your OEM rearshelf and put the back seat flat. Then push the seat / bed back until the end is at the postion where the two sliding cupboard doors meet when closed.
I'm 6'1" and have no problem sleeping in the lower bed with head at tailgate end. My feet do just overhang the bed if i stretched out but no issue with that.

View attachment 121688
Much less comfy down that end due to the hard board tho

Much less comfy down that end due to the hard board tho
I would disagree. There is still the OEM shelf cushion on top of the shelf, not shown in my photo, that only supports your head, given the shelf is now much shorter. Also on top of this cushion will be the pillows. Big advantage of a shorter rear shelf is the amount of extra floor space at the bottom of the bed or bench seat. However, this big improvement is difficult to implement on a T6.1.

Last edited:
I would disagree. There is still the OEM shelf cushion on top of the shelf, not shown in my photo, that only supports your head, given the shelf is now much shorter. Also on top of this cushion will be the pillows. Big advantage of a shorter rear shelf is the amount of extra floor space at the bottom of the bed or bench seat. However, this big improvement is difficult to implement on a T6.1.
Ah that makes sense now :thumb

Yes, that would be a great product though!

search for trobolo on the forum and internet.
had porta potti before and very happy with trobolo. Fits under the sink, much more comfortable (size and height) than porta potti, no chemicals or fluids (including their smell) , No special service stations needed for disposal.
Hi Roger, I’m looking to move from porta potti to composting loo. Does your Trobola have the bags suspended or in a rectangular bucket? I have found two versions on Amazon. The suspended bags look tricky to fit.. and is it one bag, one use, or do you add sawdust and put the lid back on and use again? I wonder about smells I that case? Sorry if this is answered in previous threads.. can’t search ATM also seen a Trelino which has good reviews but more expensive..

If you have the porta potti tub for the sink cabinet you kan keep it in place if you want.
1713027659401.png
I have the trobolo wandago. The bags are in a rectangular bucket. There is a lid also provided but we never use. Don't worry about smells , if you cover number 2 with wood shavings you can use same bag several times untill need to dispose. We found a 5 liter container for the woodshavings that perfectly fits aside the toilet under the sink

1713028051284.png
We buy woodshavings from pet shop as used in rabbit and hamster cages.
As you see on picture you can keep shelf above toilet . Toilet paper and spare bags are provided in dispenser under the cover of the trobolo.
it is expensive but but we think this a very good solution. We use it almost 2 years now.
I hope this answers your questions.
1713028267553.jpeg