Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Would it be *very* wrong ... ?

John

John

VIP Member
Original post swingle
I'm off down to VW on Saturday to order by Cali.

2 things I'm still undecided on ...

140 vs 180. I've already driven the 140, and will be driving both back to back on Saturday. But ultimately, it might just come down to price. (It'll be manual whatever I get.)

And now the one I'm unsure about ... colour. Was at the Motorhome thingie at the NEC yesterday, and saw most colours (all with coachfitters - why oh why weren't VW there with the Cali?). Quite drawn to the basic Salsa Red or Toffee Brown, but what I can't get out of my head is ... two-tone, white over blue (Italian football blue, for wont of a better way to describe it!). Would that be wrong? Would any other Cali owners ever talk to me? Is going for a non-standard colour a big no-no? Is two-tone a step too far?

Hoping I've not fallen out with everyone before I even get started!
Steve

Original post T5WOB

i do love the new brown .but all white just looks so coooooooooooool .all best martin team black .

Original post california180

Oct 17, 2011, 12:58pm, swigle wrote:
And now the one I'm unsure about ... colour. Was at the Motorhome thingie at the NEC yesterday, and saw most colours (all with coachfitters - why oh why weren't VW there with the Cali?). Quite drawn to the basic Salsa Red
Steve

Hi Steve, whilst on the quest for our Cali I very nearly settled on a very low mileage Salsa Red but in the end my brain ruled my heart as to my knowledge no manufacturer has as yet managed to produce a RED paint that does not fade with UV light!

Chris

Original post Ron

I'm not sure about this but I heard some modern non-metallic red paints will have a clearcoat finish that protects the paint from oxidation and UV which are the causes of fading so worth checking this with VW.
A coat of good quality polish every now and again will give added protection.

Good luck

Original post freeley

Oct 19, 2011, 12:17am, california180 wrote: [quote author=swigle board=beginners thread=75 post=276 time=1318856297]

whilst on the quest for our Cali I very nearly settled on a very low mileage Salsa Red but in the end my brain ruled my heart as to my knowledge no manufacturer has as yet managed to produce a RED paint that does not fade with UV light!

We've got an 05 audi A4 in solid red - still looks as good as the day it was built (apart from various dents and scratches but thats what happens when the missus uses it for work)

So i would say he'd have no problems with red in this day and age, they don't fade any more!

Back