Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Worth servicing?

R

Rob1972

Vehicle
Cali now sold
I had our 2008 T5 serviced last year by VW at 77k miles. A year has flown by but we've only done 2,000 miles. Is it worth having this year's service done? I don't think I've even needed to fill the screen wash yet. The only thing I can think of is a missed service doesn't look so good when selling but no plans to do that for the foreseeable future. Anything else or should I just bite the bullet and do it?

It all depends what your last service was. If it was a major service then this one will be “relatively” cheap. I’ve just had a minor service at VW for £204. But a major service which now isn’t due until May 2025 will be at least double that.
Do you need to have it done at VW? I have various services some done at VW and some at my local garage. And occasionally change the oil myself in between.
Not everyone when they look to buy a 15 year old California expects that its had 15 services.

I had our 2008 T5 serviced last year by VW at 77k miles. A year has flown by but we've only done 2,000 miles. Is it worth having this year's service done? I don't think I've even needed to fill the screen wash yet. The only thing I can think of is a missed service doesn't look so good when selling but no plans to do that for the foreseeable future. Anything else or should I just bite the bullet and do it?
I have a 2008 Cali owned from new, I have it serviced when the dash tells me, it’s on long service schedule usually about every 18 to 24 months, I usually do about 3500 miles a year.

Ask your local mechanic to drop the oil and refill with VW spec oil and new OEM filter, if you can’t do it yourself. Opie oils often have good offers.

I have a 2008 Cali owned from new, I have it serviced when the dash tells me, it’s on long service schedule usually about every 18 to 24 months, I usually do about 3500 miles a year.
Same here, I just follow the display…so once every 24 months (as we have low annual mileage).

Ok, thanks for the replies. I'll follow what @Ch1pbutty and @jeff do and wait for the service indicator. I don't drive it like a racing car anyway.

One final thing; am I right in thinking my engine doesn't have a timing belt that needs changing?

Ok, thanks for the replies. I'll follow what @Ch1pbutty and @jeff do and wait for the service indicator. I don't drive it like a racing car anyway.

One final thing; am I right in thinking my engine doesn't have a timing belt that needs changing?
If your Avatar details are correct you have a chain drive, rather than belt drive.

There is no belt or chain to change as it is all gear driven. Worth asking about Gates coupling at about 100k I believe.

Back