Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Worlds most expensive campsite

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Moving in the near dark round a wet and muddy campsite near Bergen at less than walking pace trying to find a spot and heard a grinding noise. Throwing it down with rain which had exposed a rock and caught the underside of the front bumper.

No obvious serious damage so just took to our local guy for a quote to be sorted when we got home. £150 so not too bad.
Then last week, about six weeks after the bump, the washer bottle starts to leak. Off to the dealer. Seems the rear of the foglight has slightly touched the bottle causing stress which has eventually opened the seam slightly.

The small nick in the rim was the bump and the black lines lines the stress lines in the plastic. Cost to sort; £225. The bottle costs about £30 and the rest is labour as the front has to come off to access the bottle.

So total cost for the night 150+225+25 site fee, £400. :talktothehand Can anybody beat that??

Expencife overnight , but if you stayed away from Norway you missed out on so many great stuff!
Colatteral damage!

I'm sure I was quoted a price similar to that for a couple of nights at some campsite in Padstow a couple of years ago. ;-)

I'm sure I was quoted a price similar to that for a couple of nights at some campsite in Padstow a couple of years ago. ;-)

Think I've been there and you have to pay 50p for a shower :eek:

I've been hit by some knob jockey driving a big motorhome yesterday, who decided to cross the line and take out my passenger wing mirror.
According to the missis, she can't believe it was just the mirror as she swears he hit a bump in the road and jumped right over the lines into our lane. Lucky to be alive, I guess.
Now I have a wing mirror to replace. Just need to decide wether to go the insurance route or just pay out of my own pocket. Either way it's not going to be cheap:headbang

We had one done a couple of years ago.
About £320 if I remember correctly. Deffo not cheap.

We had one done a couple of years ago.
About £320 if I remember correctly. Deffo not cheap.

Volkswagen say around £500, my excess is £400.
Think I'm going to see if I can source the parts and do it myself. The headache is, its heated, electrically operated and has the DAB receiver in there:(

Volkswagen say around £500, my excess is £400.
Think I'm going to see if I can source the parts and do it myself. The headache is, its heated, electrically operated and has the DAB receiver in there:(
Gutted for you. Hope you get it fixed soon. DAB aerial will be able to be transferred to you replacement unit. It is only a plastic film with a fly lead

We had the driver's side wing mirror smashed by an oncoming van a month ago, and had it replaced very quickly by our local VW garage for £175. Ours is a T5. The price should have been a bit more but he fitted a non-adjusting one first, but then fitted an automated one instead (without charging us more). Pretty good.

Cheers Matt, it's a pain. But hey, could have been a lot worse.
These things happen so quickly. The missis was a little shaken by it, as it made a massive thump. But no one was hurt and let's forget about it and enjoy the time away.

I love the Cali, but at the end of the day it's only metal and plastic.

:( sorry to hear :(

Buy a copy of ELSAWIN off eBay and find out how to DIY these jobs, save yourself hundreds of pounds!!