Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wiper Blades front replacement '06

R

RobdeBear

VIP Member
Hi there,

I've just picked up replacement blades from my local dealer (40 mile round trip :-() that they didn't have in stock on a recent service. Decided to fit them myself. I mean, how hard can it be?

They look easy to fit, and the old ones came off in a second - but the new ones seem to have the hole for the locating pin in the wrong place. I thought I was going mad as otherwise the new ones look identical. I wonder if they've found me some lhd ones?

7H5 998 02 is the label on the box.

They managed to get me the wrong gas struts for the tailgate as well, so I'm not overly impressed.

Any ideas?

Wayside at Bletchley 'is' my local VW Van Centre and Halfords in Bedford didn't have any. Trust me, I wouldn't go all that way if I didn't have to. Wiper blades, for me, are a bit like tyres in that I consider them primary safety equipment and not to be trifled with. Always fit the best.

At this rate I'll be having the thing serviced at Northampton - or Leighton Buzzard, which are both even further away. My previous experience with VW Service, 30 years ago with a Golf diesel, made me swear I'd never, ever buy another one.

The Mrs. is taking it in today for Wayside to sort it out. Hopefully they'll have the correct blades in stock. I mean, how many different types of wiper blade can Californias or VW vans actually have had fitted since 2006? Wih the number of them on the road you'd think this would have been easy.

On a happier note we had a successful overnight trip to London, finding somewhere to sleep after a great Neil Young gig at the O2 and then cheap covered parking that takes a Cali in Islington for the day for £8 before another gig last night. 2 days well spent! :)

Drove the Cali back to Wayside for the seemingly complex issue of wiper blades and yes, the bozos have supplied us with a lhd set. So at least I'm not crazy and diagnosed the mistake.

Sigh..... rhd pair now on order. Not in stock. Obviously these Calis are really rare vehicles with all sorts of special parts - even the wipers. A VW Van centre? Mmm.

Not quite as easy as one would expect. Bosch have two registered as compatible. Both are designed for Mercedees vehicles. One doesn't fit the 'aero arms' (A939S) and the other (A054S) does...but not quite as well as one would hope. To add insult to injury the wipe patten leaves a smear across the drivers side of the windscreen. Dealers have revealed that VW component is a Valeo part .......so I am trying to establish which of the Valeo blades is the right one. NOT EASY !

Some time ago i also did go and purchased a Bosch set witch the seller , not VW but in a decent autopartscenter , they said the would fit my 2012 t5 regarding the packadge marked Mercedes
At home they would not fit.
Returned them , they where about 40 euro/set got my money back.

Found replecement set that did fit in 30 seconds changed both of them....
Coast about 11 euro for set....in a sheap store ( in Belgium)

Some things you do better buy NOT VW original parts
....and for the criticasters ...if they last 1/4 of the time the Bosch do they cost me thesame as the expencive ones.

Back