Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Front Wiper Blades - Unusual Problem - Any Advice Please ?

G

gatvol

Since new I have bought replacement wiper blades from VW. Just ordered from VW, paid, fitted myself. Simple.

I decided to treat my van to snazzy new Bosch Aerotwin ones instead. To my surprise the Bosch website suggested 24" for the offside (driver) and 21" for the nearside (passenger) for Dec 09 to May 13 Californias - but I went with it. The VW original ones are both 23.5".

The Aerotwins I received do not properly clean the nearside. I have tried both the 21" and 24" blades and neither work properly.

I then inspected the VW wipers to see if I could figure out why. The VW offside wiper blade with wind deflector seems totally standard. The VW nearside wiper has a significant bow in its shape ...
16151194816581570952369.jpg

I then looked at the newly replaced nearside wiper, and it became apparent that even the shorter 21" one was simply the wrong shape. It now rests over the plastic trim at the base of the windscreen. The bow in the VW original blade would prevent this happening ...

20210307_122304.jpg

Does this mean that to do the job propetly that you have to buy a nearside wiper blade from VW ?

Or can you get aftermarket ones that also have this bow in them that stops the wiper blade running over the plastic trim ?

Thank you

Back