Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windscreen replacement - Is laminate an option?

A

AndyFromTheBrac

Guest User
I have had to have my windscreen replaced today and was having a quick look around here and came across the Laminated Windscreen thread for the beach http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/for...716&p=49620&hilit=laminated+windscreen#p49620

I had mentioned this to the AutoGlass people who said they've never heard of an option on any glass, as all glass is now laminated. They couldn't find the "VW California" on their system :censor and so had used the Transporter T5 as their vehicle choice.

I checked with the dealer who said that there is an option (but couldn't elaborate!), so I asked AutoGlass to recheck. They said they stand by their decision and that all glass is now laminated (I had thought the same, until I saw the above thread)

The one they fitted is indeed laminated, but I've not driven it yet, so don't know of it's any louder.

Does the full-fat Cali (SE) have some other kind of laminate option, as this has now confused the heck out of me!

The laminate option for the Beach is only for the glass in the back of the vehicle. i.e B pillar back. The windscreen will be laminated anyway (as Autoglass said). I think laminated is an option for the SE but NOT in conjunction with double glazing.

Thanks Owen, makes sense now. Doh!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back