Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wind deflectors

Got my genuine VW wind deflectors from the Dealers on the day I picked up my Ocean last month.....cost less than £38. Ok, still to peel off the sticky tape (no screws needed) as it's been too wet or windy to fit them yet but I can't see that they'll pose a problem, and being externally fitted they'll not be a problem for acoustic door glass.
For what it's worth, I've also, today, purchased a genuine VW rear bumper top protector for under £66, so that's another warm, dry still day's project (more sticky tape).
Hi Marco. This link may be helpful for fitting the deflectors:

Hi Marco. This link may be helpful for fitting the deflectors:
Thanks, I watched it a day before deciding to buy it.....but thanks for drawing it to everyone's notice......you learn so much on YouTube

Climairs don't use clips. The glass doesn't come into contact with anything sharp or metallic so should work just fine. And by btw its not required to screw into the plastic mirror trim..
Hi
I've just bought and fitted these but have held off drilling and fitting the screw. Have yours been fine without using the screw?

Thanks

Hi
I've just bought and fitted these but have held off drilling and fitting the screw. Have yours been fine without using the screw?

Thanks
No issues whatsover. I used padded double sided 3M tape and can confirm the adhesive is still holding well over a year since they were installed.

We had Hekos and have since gone for ClimAirs.

Linky for ease of finding the right ones : https://amzn.to/3J3REDz

Hekos are held in with clips only - not a problem, until they are. Ours lasted fine for 18 months and we recommended them everywhere we went. Then one day, wound down the window and one fell out, briefly scratching the door as it fell.

We went for ClimAirs in January and haven’t looked back.

The design is a little more shapely, darker and a more natural grey/black tint; Hekos are a redder tint. The ClimAirs also feel significantly thicker.

As an aside, if you have an acoustic pack, you CANT use Hekos due to the thicker glass. You’ll chip the glass during use as the clips are too narrow.

Only downside of the ClimAirs is a TINY screw which holds them in place - but something we’re comfortable with given the security and peace of mind.
Do Amazon just do them in a black? Do they do a light smoke ..what do people tend to go for ? Any photos attached to a Cali please?

No issues whatsover. I used padded double sided 3M tape and can confirm the adhesive is still holding well over a year since they were installed.
What side tape did you use?

Back