Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wild About Scotland

Hey everyone. I see that 'Wild About Scotland', the excellent and inspirational blog run by Cali Club member @Ewan is up for an award once again.

You can give him a boost by voting using the link below:

https://www.trespass.com/blog-awards-voting

...it is Christmas after all :thumb

Love to vote in support but you need a Facebook account and I just ditched mine as I found it pointless.

Snap. Facebook account ditched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you hold them sell shares in Facebook it's about to tank ? Actually I joined when you had to be a graduate to join ? do you remember the elite registration rules but I got fed up when I Googled my name and got several pictures up. Quit linkdin at the same time, I got so many requests from past colleagues in the oil industry where I use to work desperate to network to get a job to support their family and I no longer have influence if I ever did. Anyway my first boss told me "Life is tough and then you Die"

Last edited:
You had a nice boss.
Mine told me "life is s*** and then you die.

Never been on Feb or LI.
Our adult children have banned us from joining FB, I assume it is so that we cannot see what they are up to.

Thanks very much everyone. It was a nice surprise to be nominated once again and I really appreciate your support and kind comments.

Funnily enough I also deleted my FB account a while back given all the trash that was on there (but it turns out much of the trash was 'liked' by my extended family !!!).

Don't worry, though. If you're not on FB you can still vote for my blog in the GO Outdoors awards. Voting closes on the 9th Jan for Trespass and 12th Jan for GO Outdoors :)

cheers

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/go-outdoors-awards

Voted on go outdoors site

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Closed my account sometime ago for similar reasons. Would like to vote but sadly not to be.

...message ends...

And Dangerous! As my Gran used to say: "A closed mouth gathers no boot!"

Hey everyone. I see that 'Wild About Scotland', the excellent and inspirational blog run by Cali Club member @Ewan is up for an award once again.

You can give him a boost by voting using the link below:

...it is Christmas after all :thumb

Hey everyone. Thought you may like an update on this. Great news!
Just received an e-mail informing me that @Ewan's 'Wild About Scotland' blog won the Trespass Award for Best Camping Blog.

I think Congratulations are in order!
:cheers

Just voted on the Go Outdoors awards link, very easy. :thumb

Thanks @LowMan and everyone else for all your support. I suspect there were quite a few votes cast by Cali owners so I really appreciate it !

There are some great blogs around (many written by professional journalists and copywriters, unlike me) and so I'm dead chuffed to receive this vote of confidence.

And if anyone has any suggestions for future blog posts, please let me know - always happy to hear people's ideas. I try to focus on the positives of owning and using a campervan but I've already this week been asked to update my article on the dreaded roof lurgy given that some T6s have now come down with it ...:rage

What has happened to the Wild about Scotland site. I just tried to access a page I had saved and was directed to WordPress.com and asked to register. Why?

I'm giving the site a makeover so I've taken it offline while I'm making the changes. Don't worry, the content and links will stay on the site but it'll have a more modern look and feel. I should have it up and running over the next week or so. Thanks for your patience !

I'm giving the site a makeover so I've taken it offline while I'm making the changes. Don't worry, the content and links will stay on the site but it'll have a more modern look and feel. I should have it up and running over the next week or so. Thanks for your patience !
Resurrecting this thread @Ewan
did you ever relaunch your site ?

Hi @Perfectos - yes, it was relaunched back in 2017 but I then wound it up in 2019 or 2020 so it's no longer around. Running a blog became too time-consuming and whole social media thing just wore me down ... Plus I no longer own a Cali.