Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Why Oh Why 7LA068027A

Trojax

Trojax

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
So I noticed that the Left hand sliding door would not stay closed annoying, On investigation the plastic fitting is broken (7LA068027A) and the only way to replace this is to remove the fridge....So Questions for VW....
1, why is this part plastic and so flimsy?
2, why was it necessary in the first place?
3, why when almost every screw and fitting uses Torx or hex fitting are the 2 screws Philips ones?
4, why on gods earth have you used RED thread lock for the hinge screws for the lid?
5,Why was it not possible to do the same as the right hand door??

I can also confirm that the fridge is removable on the 6.1 California with only removing the Lid, 6 fixings and unplugging the connection. You will need to have visited a gym recently to lift it up..

So I noticed that the Left hand sliding door would not stay closed annoying, On investigation the plastic fitting is broken (7LA068027A) and the only way to replace this is to remove the fridge....So Questions for VW....
1, why is this part plastic and so flimsy?
2, why was it necessary in the first place?
3, why when almost every screw and fitting uses Torx or hex fitting are the 2 screws Philips ones?
4, why on gods earth have you used RED thread lock for the hinge screws for the lid?
5,Why was it not possible to do the same as the right hand door??

I can also confirm that the fridge is removable on the 6.1 California with only removing the Lid, 6 fixings and unplugging the connection. You will need to have visited a gym recently to lift it up..
Do you have any detailed instructions for this? it looks like our clip is also about to break so this is something I am probably going to have to do.

I found it in the ”earth shunt repair guide” under How To Guides in the Resources section.

Back