Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Why is discount now so taboo?

The proposal was/is for a windfall tax on the energy companies to pay, rather than the taxpayer
The proposal from the opposition parties is primarily for a windfall tax on the energy extractors, rather that the energy companies per se. It is the energy extractors who have seen unforeseen, excess profits from the huge increase in wholesale prices. These comaníes have confirmed that their investment plans would be unaffected since these excess profits were unforeseen. The benefits of this tax would then be used to freeze the energy cap (and provide other targeted support).

The proposal from the opposition parties is primarily for a windfall tax on the energy extractors, rather that the energy companies per se. It is the energy extractors who have seen unforeseen, excess profits from the huge increase in wholesale prices. These comaníes have confirmed that their investment plans would be unaffected since these excess profits were unforeseen. The benefits of this tax would then be used to freeze the energy cap (and provide other targeted support).
And what sort of discount does that get me on a California? Or is it me on the wrong thread?

So the EU is subsidising energy to the Consumer. Who exactly is paying for these subsidies?
Funny how when the French are in charge of Border Control - Queues and when the UK is in charge, as in Calais - No Queues.
The EU a doesn’t subsidise energy since energy policy is a competence of individual nations. The EU policy currently is to ask EU a nations to aim for a 15% reduction in energy use through winter to reduce dependence on Russia and create space for renewables. This may have some marginal impact when we visit these countries eg public buildings, restaurants etc have to keep air con and heating below specified temperatures. The subsidies for domestic energy throughout Europe and indeed the U.K. are paid from from Government income which is drawn from taxation. Progressive taxation is fairer to the population than leaving those with least to bear a bigger share of the burden.

My reading of border control Post Brexit is that we have lost control to European countries who now decide the rules and how to apply them. As someone who has property in Europe I can only tell you that life for Brits is worse than before (entry rights, period of stay, taxation etc). It will get harder for citizens of third countries as further regulations are adopted next year (computerised passport control, tourist visa etc). I’m not sure that is what many of us voted for.

@Parkinjm could you please find a more appropriate forum to rant on about politics etc?

Just in case you hadn’t realised this is a forum about VW California’s, the sub forum is “buying californias” and this thread is about available discounts not EU Subsidies.

Truth and the facts can be boring to those incapable of understanding. Hopefully, one day, they'll wake-up and understand.
In the meantime, Sweet Dreams.
True - I can’t understand why people would believe the spin (not fact) that these super profits would actually be invested rather than paid out to further enrich the wealthy at the expense of the proletariat who are choosing whether they can heat their homes. Those zombies may have been hoodwinked into believing that money does indeed trickle down, but bills need paying now

Back