Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which magazine?

Birty

Birty

Vehicle
Cali now sold
hi all, could someone recommend a magazine that is aimed at vw campers and maybe includes holiday tips/locations etc...I see mags for the older classic campers or new/used motorhomes but nothing cali stylee? I have joined the camping/cbaravan club and obviously this website but would love to read/see more...

Wouldn't that be great?
Kind of reminds me of the concept of the 'Scootering' magazine I used to buy as a teen and in my early 20's. Features on custom builds, meet ups, etc...
We have a few intrepid travellers, and some greeat projects too.
@Amarillo
@Gazellio
For a start.

Have read a few of the usual supermarket shelf VW camper magazines, couldn't really tell one from the other if I'm honest, but they're not Cali related. I enjoyed reading the holiday and tour reports, also the reviews of camper meets, but the vans are most often a love/hate..

I buy Campervan magazine - they sell it in WH Smiths but not many other places. It's aimed at conversions, Calis, MPs etc. Not motorhomes though and not classics, so pretty much bang on really.

Practical motorhome on ‘readly’ will have to do for now then.. to be honest it aint a bad read and some interesting articles but hardly any vw stuff ☹️

I sometimes read CamperVans... unfortunately there‘s only a German Version (?).

I buy Campervan magazine - they sell it in WH Smiths but not many other places. It's aimed at conversions, Calis, MPs etc. Not motorhomes though and not classics, so pretty much bang on really.
Shame the reports are not more objective, tests on three different campers in the last issue I read were carried out by different persons. All three widely praised the various base vehicle in their reports, hopeless if an accurate comparison is to be made between models.
If you are looking for sound meter readings on identical roads or other equally useful/reliable objective tests you will have to look elsewhere.

Vw t4 t5 magazine is a good read. Available from smiths not sure about other shops.

VWBus 4/5+ covers the whole post 1990 bus scene - has campsite reviews, travel pieces, show reports and bus features and product reviews , how to etc
More lifetstyle with a bus orientated, less so on the camping side .... little California stuff...the forum is the place to share that part of living with that...there's a hotlink to find out if it's for you or not on the side bar of the home page...

I enjoy Campervan magazine. Have bought every issue since we got the Cali.

Nice to read about other vans but have no interest in buying them so don't really care how objective/subjective the reviews are. I do like the write-ups on different locations to visit and suggested sites too.

I'm one of the very few people who also likes the Caravan and Motorhome Club magazine. We use their sites a lot so it's nice to get a bit of insight into them and identify future places to stay.