Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Which fuse for the radio?

A

andrew bazeley

VIP Member
I've searched the forums and found general discussions about the rather sad position on locating fuses. My problem is quite specific: I recently had a rather pricey Kenwood radio/satnav installed, and it frequently comes up with "start up error". I've learneed that this can be fixed by removing the unit, then unplugging the wiring loom at the back and pushing it in again ( a bit like turning a PC off and on again). I have a hunch, though, that removing and replacing a fuse might have the same effect, with a lot less trouble. Any views? And if so - which fuse is it? None of the manuals (Kenwood or VW) helps at all.

I've searched the forums and found general discussions about the rather sad position on locating fuses. My problem is quite specific: I recently had a rather pricey Kenwood radio/satnav installed, and it frequently comes up with "start up error". I've learneed that this can be fixed by removing the unit, then unplugging the wiring loom at the back and pushing it in again ( a bit like turning a PC off and on again). I have a hunch, though, that removing and replacing a fuse might have the same effect, with a lot less trouble. Any views? And if so - which fuse is it? None of the manuals (Kenwood or VW) helps at all.
Have you checked the VIP Download section. There are some fuse layout diagrams that might be of help.
I presume the unit you installed replaced a factory installed radio.
If that is the case the fuse is probably located in the Fuse Panel below the Gear stick.

Back