Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Radio connection failed (2008 T5)

A

andrew bazeley

VIP Member
I drove over a deep pothole the other day, and my radio cut off, and won't turn on again. I have a switch to transfer the connection to the leisure batteries, and the radio works. So the problem is clearly the link to the vehicle batteries. Maybe a fuse? I've seen some very old discussions about fuse boxes, but I know these very old models are a bit inconsistent. Anybody know which fuse (and which fusebox) is likely to be the radio one on these older T5s?

I drove over a deep pothole the other day, and my radio cut off, and won't turn on again. I have a switch to transfer the connection to the leisure batteries, and the radio works. So the problem is clearly the link to the vehicle batteries. Maybe a fuse? I've seen some very old discussions about fuse boxes, but I know these very old models are a bit inconsistent. Anybody know which fuse (and which fusebox) is likely to be the radio one on these older T5s?
Check the 30 amp fuses in the Upper section of the central Dashboard fuse box.
Although the actual fuse positions can vary the size fuse and fuse box rarely change.

Thanks for that. I've removed, checked and shoved back both the 30 amp fuses. Then I rather savagely pressed and flicked the later-added selector switch between the car and leisure battery connections for the radio. After holding the "on" button for about twenty seconds, it all burst into life! Could have been a pricey job; sometimes anger and brute force works!