Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wheel nuts

pingpal6

pingpal6

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Received a call yesterday from VW Customer Services who are going to replace the rusting wheel nuts on my 2010 Cali free of charge. I have a feeling the replacements will also rust after a while, any tips to prevent this. :thanks

Will that prevent them rusting or just disguise the future rust?

Don't buy them ask VW CS to supply them. Mine were FoC.

It's a £45k+ vehicle, even then lowest price Golf/Polo would have them.

Will reduce future rusting and also hide whatever does arrive. If you really want to eliminate rusting from your life you could:

1 shoot it, like Elvis did with his pantera. Pour 10 litres of petrol around the interior and torch it. This could be the most satisfying solution. I think a shotgun would do a better job than Elvis' handgun. Buy a properly engineered vehicle

2 go to a load of trouble to locate and buy decent quality wheel nuts (no idea if possible)

3 go to a load of trouble and somehow paint/ lubricate/ galvanise the crap vw wheel nuts. These will then be covered by the caps.

I think with the Cali, one is right to be disgusted with the build quality. And as a result of the shabby build quality, some things just can't be fixed 100 per cent, despite the price tag on the van.

I think just going with the plastic covers are the practical way. Maybe you can roll their rusting into your claim to get freebies out of vw?

Hope you can get for free. Muggins here paid for his.

Thanks, will contact VW CS to see if they will provide the caps along with the new wheel bolts.
:thanks

We got our wheel bolts replaced and the black plastic caps provided by customer services. I guess grease over the head of the bolt under the plastic cap will prevent future rust.

Spray with ACF50.

Just received a voice mail from Terry at VW Customer Services and along with the new wheel bolts they are supplying they are happy to provide the plastic covers as well. I am well pleased. Thanks also for the ACF 50 tip

You're welcome. That comes from owning a Land Rover Defender. ACF50, Waxoyl and Dinitrol are vital accessories to stop it disappearing into a pile of corrosion. :hello

Back