Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Whats tha all reckon to this?

I don’t like it much. Unless the hoses are electrically dissipative, which they may not be, that metal union is an isolated conductor, which is a potential electrostatic discharge ignition hazard.

** Historical interpretive note: On Ilkley moor without a hat"

I use my cadac like that all the time, only difference is jubilee clips instead of plastic ties. Still here to tell the tale

I use my cadac like that all the time, only difference is jubilee clips instead of plastic ties. Still here to tell the tale
Things like this are usually ok, until they are not. One of the reasons reason why domestic gas work has to be certificated these days.

Historical note, Ilkley moor technically does not exist, it’s actually Rombalds moor, known recently as Ilkley moor.

Historical note, Ilkley moor technically does not exist, it’s actually Rombalds moor, known recently as Ilkley moor.

I think, but then not a Yorkshire Lass, that part of Rombalds is known as Ilkley moor, which is the part of the moor from which the famous song opines to.

I thought it referred to part of Rombalds moor? Although have lived there (well, not on the moor as such) for over 20 years and don't really know for sure!

Ilkley moor is the area on the northern edge of Romalds. It’s the section close to the town, which is why it gets called Ilkley moor

Ilkley moor is the area on the northern edge of Romalds. It’s the section close to the town, which is why it gets called Ilkley moor

So, to term it Ilkley moor is not incorrect then?

in other words Rombalds moor which is the main moor is split into different areas named after the local town or village.
There is legend of the giant of Rombald, they have a statue in keighley.
he is baht’at as well
Moors are a nice bit of the world can be wild at times though, need to take care pitching camp, roof up on the Cali could be fun

on Rombalds moor baht’at does not quite sound as good does it?

I don’t like it much. Unless the hoses are electrically dissipative, which they may not be, that metal union is an isolated conductor, which is a potential electrostatic discharge ignition hazard.
Not convinced by the explanation.
On that basis the 907 it’s self is a problem and the couplings are sold to be used in exactly that way (give or take the zip ties)

You’re seriously suggesting you believe you could cause an explosion from a spark created by a push fit connector that’s not earthed?

You’re seriously suggesting you believe you could cause an explosion from a spark created by a push fit connector that’s not earthed?
It could result in ignition of the gas. Only if those hoses are not dissipative. If they are hoses designed for use with gas then they probably are dissipative. Otherwise that connector can become a different potential to the bottle or earth, which can result in an electrostatic discharge.

Not convinced by the explanation.
On that basis the 907 it’s self is a problem and the couplings are sold to be used in exactly that way (give or take the zip ties)
If the hoses are designed to be used with gas and are dissipative it’s not a problem, as I explained.

At such low pressure/flow? I think you’re probably more likely to win the lottery 100 times on the trot.

At such low pressure/flow? I think you’re probably more likely to win the lottery 100 times on the trot.
What you think is not really relevant, but feel completely free to do whatever you like, and have a lovely day.

It must be one another one of those things, that if you are not personally aware of it, it cannot possibly be real.

I really don’t care what you do.
I’m not disagreeing with you, its just that we haven’t heard from FB since the OP

Hey don’t have a pop at us, it’s not our fault we’re surrounded by muppets! :cheers

Back