Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What size motorhome?

dayslikethis

dayslikethis

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Just finishing reading a book bought for me at Christmas. 'Europe in a Motorhome' by Hazel Jackson. The story relates to a family who sold everything and toured Europe in a large American type motorhome for 12 months. Its an enjoyable read and they had quite an adventure with some minor disasters along the way. I'd recommend it. However what struck me was the number of times the author commented that she wished they'd had a smaller van or subliminally highlighted this when she talked about being unable to access narrow roads leading to villages or towns because of the size of their vehicle or causing traffic jams. Another was their use of bikes and public transport to visit cities and towns etc. It sort of reaffirmed to me that I have made exactly the right decision in ordering my new Cali. They say 'size doesn't matter" but I think it does!

This is exactly why we sold our motorhome and purchased a Cali and have never looked back!

Martin said:
This is exactly why we sold our motorhome and purchased a Cali and have never looked back!

Same reason we sold our motorhome too!

//Mart

This is also the reason we have gone for a Cali. I went to the Alps last year in a fairly average size motorhome and it was a nightmare to do anything.

Driving round blind corners on a mountain with sheer drops next to us was not the most enjoyable thing I have ever done!

When we got to our destinations it was impossible to find somewhere to park other than bus stops.

Back