Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

An OEM vw dvd/sat nav system circa 2006 to go with my 2006 van. For a grand cost of 99p (badly described / categorised on ebay).
(oh plus £10 postage, plus £12 to get the code plus £5 for sat nav receiver plus a bit for fitting).....
5 digit postcodes are the future :).

Along with my new 'Solace' wheels, I'm gradually ticking the option boxes, 14 years after production.

IMG_20200605_113727.jpg

Bought ages ago but only just fitted....pixers table cover
b1bf67c90f999bf082ff3610ae2f8766.jpg
217d0405fbfc4b900e6cb27ab784de21.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Love the colours!!!

After much procrastination.......decided on "Hatch" version.
Ordered three days ago, arrived this morning, fitting took about 45 mins. Rearrangement of boxes etc took about three hours! Smiles will last rather longer with no contortions required to get at our stuff! :happy

Pull_Out_Drawers.JPG

They’re made by Curver and come in 3 sizes. These are the small ones . We got them from the Range. They’re available online too.

They’re made by Curver and come in 3 sizes. These are the small ones . We got them from the Range. They’re available online too.
Like the baskets in the kitchen cupboard! Do you know what the dimensions are?
Thanks

I’ve got 8 in the cupboard at the mo, however when we’re regularly using the Cali we just use 2 on top shelf, that’s where we put tall bottles of ketchup, HP, olive oil, spices etc. The bottom shelves are where we put tins, jars etc. We have to be organised and put most frequently used stuff in the boxes on top, as all the boxes have to come out to get to the bottom left one!

I’ve got 8 in the cupboard at the mo, however when we’re regularly using the Cali we just use 2 on top shelf, that’s where we put tall bottles of ketchup, HP, olive oil, spices etc. The bottom shelves are where we put tins, jars etc. We have to be organised and put most frequently used stuff in the boxes on top, as all the boxes have to come out to get to the bottom left one!
Thanks for this info! I've ordered 4 of them.

Solar lights from Ikea. Reduced in price, like lots of stock they want/need to clear.
Got loads for the garden and/or camping. Here’s the 3 I got last summer attached to the awning track with Awning rail hanging hooks From the campervan bits shop - https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product/awning-hanging-hooks-pack-of-two but you could use office binder clips or a piece cut off a kador strip (the thin hook on the light could easily poke through the woven fabric).

The small sized circular light covers are polyester (so feather lite), pack pretty flat and fit in an Oceans back cupboard. They give off a nice light. On a charge, they last a good while and in winter it’s easy to remove the battery and give it a boost at home in a plug in battery charger.

DDDB6D13-B729-41F8-BBAF-993FE274FE05.jpeg

Last edited:
Also at Ikea I picked up 3 more Sunnersta pots (I use them loads in the van inside and out) and an extra pack of hooks. Even though on the website I could only find the pots in the new jazzy colours in store they still had white.

I’ll post some pics tomorrow of how I use them on my outdoor cooking stand but here are 3 in the van on Ikea peg boards with some other Ikea bits.

If you’re thinking of going to Ikea, we went to the Notts store today. Only a 34 minute queue, lots of sanitising stations, loos open and spotless, staff as helpful as ever, nice and calm with customers distancing and within that the ability to mooch around and browse with no pressure. It was all very pleasant.

7F39103A-D5F5-4141-8E24-1C98B95889E5.jpeg

Rhubarb conentrate. Great in prosecco, lemonade, soda water, etc. They also do elderflower and blueberry concentrate.

By the time we get out in the van will probably need to go and get some more.

I agree with you 100%. There are far too many brilliant ideas and hacks. Some are so simple and inexpensive; others....well, they're not! So far I have spent £1100 on "bits and pieces". That's before considering suspension, storage and cooking purchases. And the Cali? It has just sat on the drive since purchase. I hope that I can use it soon, otherwise I'll be severely impoverished!

P6120112.JPG

Courtesy of Big Ted Printz:
Ikea rail mounting kit
4 external hooks
2 internal hooks
Washing line brackets
Pitch marker
Ref my post 1924 above, this is how the money goes, small items which help make Cali life easier, but gradually erode one's bank balance...

Back