Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Almost had my attention until I spotted the word Amazon. Complete parasite of a company.
Totally refuse to shop with them.
I am sure you can get the same or similar without using Amazon. We needed quick and convenient pick up whilst travelling.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Almost had my attention until I spotted the word Amazon. Complete parasite of a company.
Totally refuse to shop with them.
:) haha that's a very wide brush you are tarring all those sellers with :)

I agree there are some shisters in the market place and treat the market place like ebay, I tend only to buy from the stocked and fulfilled by amazon category with prime delivery like the original Amazon offerring.

I agree there are some shisters in the market place and treat the market place like ebay, I tend only to buy from the stocked and fulfilled by amazon category with prime delivery like the original Amazon offerring.
I know two people working at Amazon's distribution centre in east London. They boast paying the minimum wage, and along with that they probably fulfil other minimum requirements as an employer - but little or no more.

Mind you - that doesn't put me off ordering through Amazon.

Good afternoon,

We got a few days back the "2 Section Bunk Ladder".

Getting up to the top bed we always ended up to stand on the seats, which I try to avoid because of the seat heating. I did some search, but the one in the shop here was the best (even though it is a wee bit expensive).

Now it found its place in it's bag (which looks like a rifle bag) behind the back seats. We are quite pleased with the ladder.

Regards,
Eberhard
We’re really impressed with the 2 piece ladder too. The bag and padding is great quality and the way it stores, attached to the back of the bench seat, keeps it out of the way but easy to access.

Last edited:

I’ve not had a bad experience from the sellers in all fairness.
Its Amazon itself.

I will not use a company that evades taxes, pays low wages and expects so much from those that have so little. Amazon one sale at a time, takes money from your local high street and lines the pockets of the richest man in the world.
Have a read about what is expected from an Amazon delivery driver...

My wife used to buy lots of books from Amazon. I convinced her to shun them and buy from our local bookstore.
She much prefers shopping there now, has built up a relationship with the owner, enjoys collection day and the walk in to town (light exercise) and chatting and it actually doesn’t work out anymore expensive. Especially as every 10th book is free at the shop.

For the last 18 months I’ve made an effort to shop with real people or outside the parameters of Amazon and it’s been a much more satisfying experience. Like being given a free gas bottle for my California, providing i refill back at the local caravan store when it’s ready. I’ve had other additional good Will gestures and help since using my local businesses.

I urge everyone to use local where possible, especially if you want to support your local high street and put money directly back into your immediate economy.

Sorry rant over :thumb

I urge everyone to use local where possible, especially if you want to support your local high street and put money directly back into your immediate economy.
Yes indeed...
Everyone loves a bargain but whats effect in the longer term as well as the issues that @soulstyledevon pointed out?
My daughter needed a new saxophone mouthpiece this week and historically we have used Woodwind and Reed in Cambridge.
They still have an online facility but also a high street shop. Thats fortunate since I live so far away from Cambridge.
Their service and efficiency is 2nd to none, I value their place in the market and they are competitive. The whole order came to £36 and arrived the following day. No way would ebay,, amazon etc even figure to save money. Though unfortunately neither would some high street shops for the opposite reason, this could easily have cost me another £10 locally.
Support who deserves supporting :thumb

I will not use a company that evades taxes
Probably tax avoidance rather than tax evasion. The legal difference is significant.

If you have £100,000 of profits and reinvest £99,999 into your company, perhaps by upgrading machinery, you pay tax on £1 and have avoided paying tax on £99,999.

If you have £100,000 of profits and declare profits of £1 you have evaded paying tax on £99,999.

Disruptive technologies generally benefit the economy in the long run by improving productivity, but often cause pain to the older technology in the short-medium term.

Just look back to how the railway destroyed the canal, and the livelihood of thousands.

If you have £100,000 of profits and reinvest £99,999 into your company, perhaps by upgrading machinery, you pay tax on £1 and have avoided paying tax on £99,999.
Err not quite. That’s called ‘investing’, in an attempt to improve productivity where we lag behind. Example of avoidance would be establishing a company in Zurich to purchase (on paper) raw materials from Brighton at £1 a unit and sell them to your factory in Hove at £5 a unit, therefore making your profit in low corporation tax Zurich rather than uk.

Err not quite. That’s called ‘investing’, in an attempt to improve productivity where we lag behind. Example of avoidance would be establishing a company in Zurich to purchase (on paper) raw materials from Brighton at £1 a unit and sell them to your factory in Hove at £5 a unit, therefore making your profit in low corporation tax Zurich rather than uk.
Fair enough. But the distinction between legal avoidance and criminal evasion is significant.

Err not quite. That’s called ‘investing’, in an attempt to improve productivity where we lag behind.

But low productivity is a result of stagnant wages and a higher cost of living.
All which began from bailing out greedy bankers.
It’s funny how things are connected, yet the rich people from around the world have seen an increase in wealth over the last decade of 25%+

Last edited:
But low productivity is a result of stagnant wages and a higher cost of living.
All which began from bailing out greedy bankers.
It’s funny how things are connected, yet the rich people from around the world have seen an increase in wealth over the last decade of 25%+

In my mind the biggest scandal is that investment income is taxed at a lower rate than employment income.

Why should an investor with £40,000 per year income pay less tax and national insurance than a teacher with £40,000 per year income?

Investor tax bill on £40,000 income = £1,912

Teacher tax+NI bill on £40,000 salary = £9,262

Back