Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Adaptor for the inverter. Opened her up and removed the earth pin. Voilà.

Screenshot_20190605_161509_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Today now my Cali is at code 40
I have bought lots from the shop
My vip membership paid for the postage335B64EB-0793-4833-9A2B-3402A9D58E39.png

Some well made plastic airtight containers to hold spices and herbs. From Dunelm at 4£ for 3 larger and 2£ for 4 smaller. Fit nicely into a plastic sandwich holder. Also a telescopic fly swat for 1£. Well pleased. 867BDEEB-9A47-4CA3-B81B-5AFF9B33B0B3.jpeg2B43F29A-9012-46ED-A423-51A51A5058E7.jpeg7FDBDC0E-C6D7-4843-89FD-4B03CAD77A6F.jpeg

Good evening,

Yes, I am glad that I got them.

They are not louder than the Goodyear, drive quality is the same, they are good in the wet (on the way to Achill Island we had more than our fair share of rain), front tyre slip has not happened (yet). If I use more diesel is to early to tell.

I also expect better traction on unpaved roads. I expect those tyres will do well during out Europe trip in July.

Regards,
Eberhard

Good evening,

Yes, I am glad that I got them.

They are not louder than the Goodyear, drive quality is the same, they are good in the wet (on the way to Achill Island we had more than our fair share of rain), front tyre slip has not happened (yet). If I use more diesel is to early to tell.

I also expect better traction on unpaved roads. I expect those tyres will do well during out Europe trip in July.

Regards,
Eberhard

We head to Scotland in winter a few times a year so I’m considering them for rain/snow and potentially slippery grass surfaces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duvalay freshtec topper with fitted sheet, ready to be used
f664b26afbd1c29205cbe56a6f297c96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:Iamsorry But your idea that the rear end is lower because of the load is Incorrect. If you study the VW technical drawings for the T5/6 you would see that in fact the Wheel arch is cut higher at the Front than the Rear.
Measure the Distance from the horizontal body line to the top of the wheel arch. That distance is cams less at the Front compared to the Rear.
When loaded and driven on rough roads the Rear wheels can ride up into the wheel arches. Similarity on the Front if driving straight ahead, But if turning the Front wheels protrude outside the wheel arch and could foul the arch and cause damage thus the Front wheel arch is cut higher to enable the Front wheels to maintain this upward movement without damage.
Many, many vehicles have this same arrangement.
Lowering the front or raising the Rear to even out this difference means the vehicle will be Nose down instead of parallel to the road surface.
Then explain me this picture. An "empty" California aligned up to an empty Multivan (500 kg difference).IMG_20180809_174909.jpg

Ok, it is a T6 vs. T5.1, but they both share the same platform: T5 from 2003).

Plug adapter to charge Cali when at home
Cable reel - to tidy electric hook up cable
Both from shop - great service :thumb

Today I bought an Ecomat 2000 select heater, bit dubious about the cost of this but once I switched it on realised that it is in a different league to other electric heaters, 'and so it should be'!

Then explain me this picture. An "empty" California aligned up to an empty Multivan (500 kg difference).View attachment 46060

Ok, it is a T6 vs. T5.1, but they both share the same platform: T5 from 2003).
Looks like they are pleased to see each other in that photo ... :oops:

I got them from e-bay. They are produced by Inka and I am very happy with the quality. I bought the generic Transporter version for the drivers side as its a tenner less than the California labelled version. There is no choice for the passenger side. Some of the e-bay photographs suggest that California versions are grey but they are all black.
I got t6 transporter version rather than Cali specific but the little plastic hooks at the bottom don't fit onto the plastic of the seat - just a smidgen to short....did I buy the wrong ones??
7489acb669414c2db60a761c9a3bf731.jpg
d50db7c7d2a9c3983816896905c5f663.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I got t6 transporter version rather than Cali specific but the little plastic hooks at the bottom don't fit onto the plastic of the seat - just a smidgen to short....did I buy the wrong ones??
7489acb669414c2db60a761c9a3bf731.jpg
d50db7c7d2a9c3983816896905c5f663.jpg

Pull them a bit harder!!

Will the seat still swivel ?
Not tried it but other posts about it say yes they do still swivel.
We dont tebd to swivel drivers side as car seat goes on the seat and there are just 3 of us. Plus the top of seat is good to help climb up to roof in current position.

I had the same issue I used some black shock cord to attach the hooks to the bar under the seat. I couldn't stretch the original hooks far enough. Works well and you can't see it. I was pleased with the quality overall for the price.

Back