Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Set of Team Heko wind deflectors - fit super easy (prongs to the rear) and same darkness as the rear windows. The endless bing bongs as I did so reinforced the need for me to get the CARISTA asap. tempImagePMfDH1.png

Set of Team Heko wind deflectors - fit super easy (prongs to the rear) and same darkness as the rear windows. The endless bing bongs as I did so reinforced the need for me to get the CARISTA asap. View attachment 95696
Ah yes, something else I’ve been meaning to add to the shopping list - the wind deflectors that is, though the carista sounds like it could also come in handy!

Is turning off the bing bongs something the dealer could do?

Ah yes, something else I’ve been meaning to add to the shopping list - the wind deflectors that is, though the carista sounds like it could also come in handy!

Is turning off the bing bongs something the dealer could do?
Nope, a main dealer would not be allowed to go into the software and change settings. They will probably factory reset at service time as well so would have to do again. The deflectors great and 25 quid off Amazon with free post.

Does this stick out above the awning and effectively raise the height of the van? Or is it mounted at a point where the roof rails are below the awning and it doesnt stick out?

They add 14mm to the height at the highest point of the roof, which still keeps the van under 2m. Often, depending on how the awing was bolted on, they are the same height or lower, than the awning.,

This for the inverter socket. £20 from Amazon. Now if I just remember all of the cables, charging’s all sorted

View attachment 95600

View attachment 95601

View attachment 95602
I think I’m correct in saying that as soon as you plug anything in to the inverter socket, the inverter is powered on and draws power from the leisure batteries. Attractive though the idea is, it’s also very inefficient to use an inverter to go from 12v up to 220v and then a USB charger to get down again to 5v or so to charge phones.
It would be better to buy a cigar lighter USB adapter that has 2 or 3 USB sockets for charging and plug it in to the hidden socket under the right end of the rear seat. That’s powered from the leisure battery.

Good review by James Hoffmann on this beautiful bit of kit.

Yes I saw that when I was doing my research. It gave me some confidence that the performance will not be far off that of my Londinium L1-P manual lever machine I use at home. Plus the Cafelat Robot looks so quirky.

The new L1-P lever espresso machine by LONDINIUM | エスプレッソマシン, コーヒー, エスプレッソ940 × 1,408

Set of Team Heko wind deflectors - fit super easy (prongs to the rear) and same darkness as the rear windows. The endless bing bongs as I did so reinforced the need for me to get the CARISTA asap. View attachment 95696
can you please share which model fits the 6.1?

Fitted our new bike rack - Atera Genio Pro. It’s replaced our Thule Velospace XT3 which was great but turned out to be too big for our needs. So far, so good. Very happy with it.

A66C1FD9-1AFD-4EFA-97FE-8940C20B5045.jpeg

FAB7AA0C-93B7-4300-A6A1-A85915D91B4B.jpeg

Let the tweaking begin starting with the stupid bing bongs when the doors open...

image.jpg

**Update**

Worked perfectly - dings now off and no more annoyance. The option to have the folding mirrors go up when you lock is now enabled as well so no need to long press now. Best 25 quid spent so far.

Last edited:
Was able to that on in the menus without Carista
Ahh not so on a T6 , but you can on other VW group cars, which I thought was strange, so they must have changed that on T6.1 which is good

Let the tweaking begin starting with the stupid bing bongs when the doors open...

View attachment 95774

**Update**

Worked perfectly - dings now off and no more annoyance. The option to have the folding mirrors go up when you lock is now enabled as well so no need to long press now. Best 25 quid spent so far.
Great for diagnosing faults too. It resets my airbag light regularly after turning the seat. Just changed abs sensor as it told me which one was faulty saved a fortune!

Great for diagnosing faults too. It resets my airbag light regularly after turning the seat. Just changed abs sensor as it told me which one was faulty saved a fortune!
With the recent app functionality updates was also able to switch the mirrors to fold on lock rather than fold on long press after lock too. Result.

Last edited:
With the recent updates was also able to switch the mirrors to fold on lock rather than fold on long press after lock too. Result.
Not sure about that one? Wouldn’t want the mirrors to always fold on locking the van i.e. short stops for petrol etc.

A perfect day in the Cali starts with a great coffee. Bought this to get my espresso/cappuccino fix
Cafelat Robot barista (retro green)800 × 800
ahhh very good choice, I opted for the Flair 58 after much deliberation! Good grinder and the bellman milk steamer means better coffee than most cafe's here in Portugal

But it’s a great visual that the van is locked & they unfold as soon as the ignition is on
Having them fold when lock is no hassle and a great visual aid. I was always long pressing anyway, so saves me having to do that for same wear on the motor. My Tiguan has had fold on lock for 3 years without fault nor wear. Soon as ignition is on they unfold.

Back