Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Ever since I saw you buy these 17 inch Matt black beauties last year, it was top of my list once van arrived to get some too!!! Swapped over the All season Bridgestone 235’s today with some new Matt black nuts and locks. Woodstocks in the garage for now. Thanks for the inspiration 4x4 joker!!

View attachment 92120

View attachment 92122

View attachment 92123
This morning I ordered just the wheel arch trims, I’ve taken a gamble on £89 set on eBay over the £175 set vanx sell.
Wheels look great, I have ill fitting vw black caps on mine at mo (a pig to get them to go on haven’t fallen off yet).24467069-818D-478D-AB44-D21A82251E6F.jpeg

This morning I ordered just the wheel arch trims, I’ve taken a gamble on £89 set on eBay over the £175 set vanx sell.
Wheels look great, I have ill fitting vw black caps on mine at mo (a pig to get them to go on haven’t fallen off yet).View attachment 92125
Caps look good too though. The chap who fitted them asked (as he was about to put the wheels on) if I wanted to just put the caps back on from the Woodstocks, or £50 for all new Matt black nuts and locks…..

Caps look good too though. The chap who fitted them asked (as he was about to put the wheels on) if I wanted to just put the caps back on from the Woodstocks, or £50 for all new Matt black nuts and locks…..
From a distance they do, but they don’t fit properly as there’s not enough recess like Cascavel etc.
Will be getting black bolts at some point too.

Cam belt, water pump, front and rear pads and rear discs``````````
Yes still shocked, used Lookers Guildford as they were offering the best price for Cambelt/Water pump change, as inspection service was due I let them do it knowing front pads were low but no other issues I was aware off!!!

Its a bit of a pain in the neck to clean off all the dead bugs that stain my bonnet after a journey

After reading about another member that had their Cali 'Detailed' I was inspired!

So I gave the Cali a good scrub and dry and put some C2 Liquid Crystal over the front facing components, bonnet, wing mirrors, grill. Its certainly lovely and smooth! I'm off to Hawes, N.Yorks this weekend to kill me some bugs in the hope that I can easily wipe them clean off with a sponge when I get there.

I'll let you know.

Screenshot 2022-04-25 at 11.33.27.png

cadac cook 2pro qr , outwell fallcrest sides and awning tie down straps all purchased , this will do until the service , cam belt , waterpump and mot next month

Some 0.13mm thick clear PVC sheet, some 7.5mm keder for the left side awning rail and some suckers to make a window cover for when we are camping in the rain, but want some ventilation with the side window open. I have a small version that I made currently but it still let's a bit of water in when raining hard, so going to make the deluxe edition this time.

Some 0.13mm thick clear PVC sheet, some 7.5mm keder for the left side awning rail and some suckers to make a window cover for when we are camping in the rain, but want some ventilation with the side window open. I have a small version that I made currently but it still let's a bit of water in when raining hard, so going to make the deluxe edition this time.
do post a pic wont you sounds really interesting would love to see!

I’ve had the heater on for two 14hr stints and it hasn’t melted yet. I’ll have a good look at it when I deflate it in a few days and let you know if it shows signs of heat exposure. In terms of functionality it’s working well in the current stroall with the inflatable

When I deflated it and took a look there were no signs of melting. To clarify I have a retrofit planar heater - not sure if this differs in figment to the oem one.

Wheels look great, I have ill fitting vw black caps on mine at mo (a pig to get them to go on haven’t fallen off yet).View attachment 92125
Let us know how they fit!!!! Keep toying with getting some for ours.

Its a bit of a pain in the neck to clean off all the dead bugs that stain my bonnet after a journey

After reading about another member that had their Cali 'Detailed' I was inspired!

So I gave the Cali a good scrub and dry and put some C2 Liquid Crystal over the front facing components, bonnet, wing mirrors, grill. Its certainly lovely and smooth! I'm off to Hawes, N.Yorks this weekend to kill me some bugs in the hope that I can easily wipe them clean off with a sponge when I get there.

I'll let you know.

View attachment 92284
I’ve used products from Autoglym- Rapid Detailer followed by Ceramic Spray - to achieve an easily cleaned surface and good water / dirt repellent. It’s 3 months in, and still holding good. Recommendation is to redo every 4 to 6 months.

I'll let you know.

View attachment 92284
I’d be interested in knowing how this performs, including after a few months washing. I’ve used AutoGlym products Rapid Detailer followed by Ceramic Spray to do the same job. After 2 months it appears still to be hygroscopic and bugs come off quite easily. The marketing reckoned it should be good for 4 to 6 months. It only takes about an hour to do.

As a tip, I’ve filled a nearly empty bottle of Autoglym Aqua Wax with water, so it’s pretty diluted, and carry this in the van - good for removal of insects, tar, bird poo, cleaning the windscreen, without shelling out for off the shelf products.

Not really “bought”, more mackled together - wheel cleaners for our Palmerston alloys. Palmerston alloys look great, but if you’re concerned about a build up of brake dust and Road salt, they’re devils to clean inside the alloys. I made a simple tool for other car alloys which has worked well for years, so this morning I adapted the idea for the Cali.

Pic below, left to right / bottom to top: Halfords wheel cleaning brush (totally useless), Mark 1 - used for other cars (but the sponge part is too big for the Palmerston alloys), Mark 2 - using a half of an old Spontex moppet - perfect size for most of the wheels, Mark 3 - using a bit of an old sponge cloth - useful for front wheels where the brake callipers are. In all cases I’ve used plastic cable ties, being careful to position the cut end away from the rubbing surface. I used off cuts of some strip wood.

On first wash, the water went predictably black with the dirt build up after 2 months of service. Typically I’ve done this type of clean about once / month. You can spray Autoglym alloy protector to make it easier to remove the dirt, although at £16 a bottle, it’s an expensive option.

88EBAB79-AD18-4E84-89A7-E4B3E01EB492.jpeg

86C436B1-EE56-4F71-92F7-89F5E82EE38A.jpeg
7DB01649-EB8E-4F0C-931A-D694E8B8692E.jpeg

CEF8DCA9-160F-4D06-984A-1D60938DFDDC.jpeg

Just had my 20 year old Mountain Equipment sleeping bag cleaned by this company. Posted last Friday and it has just come back! It now lofts like new. £45 including postage, far cheaper than a new high quality down bag at circa £300.

Highly recommended company, Dave is a true gentleman.

Cam belt, water pump, front and rear pads and rear discs``````````
Thats interesting. I was also told rear pads and discs down to 10% and fronts a bit better (can't remember what) when I had my cam belt and water pump done.
Circa 44000 miles? 2017 model?

Carpet and footprint for our Vango air hex, hoping to test it at the weekend

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Back