Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

Thule VeloSpace XT3 bike rack. Very pleased with it. Easy to mount (a bit of muscle required!) Very easy to tilt. And, as others have already confirmed, it tilts just(!) enough to allow the tailgate to open. It’s a quality bit of kit. :)

View attachment 82816

View attachment 82817

View attachment 82818
I notice you have some carpet on the ground @marcdavis and assume that’s because the black plastic by the tail lights is grounding? I did the same for a while until I realised that by tilting the rack towards the van more when mounting it, the rack then didn’t ground itself. Takes a bit of practice getting it right.

f106a51e55c565564c406d91fd2ebbf2.jpg

A train ticket!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I notice you have some carpet on the ground @marcdavis and assume that’s because the black plastic by the tail lights is grounding? I did the same for a while until I realised that by tilting the rack towards the van more when mounting it, the rack then didn’t ground itself. Takes a bit of practice getting it right.
Hi GG. The carpet was more a precautionary measure whilst I was fitting for the first time. But you’re right, you do need to mount it tilting slightly towards the van. I needed to adjust it a little after the first go. All good though. I also just added the extra bike adapter which was easy enough. Plus the number plate (purchased from number1plates.com). Will load it up with 4 bikes this weekend and give it a proper test.

The VW "Travel & Comfort System" base module and bag hook. Works well for jackets too.

E6E38B51-ED29-4EEA-9441-1603E514127B.jpeg

391AAC45-D4FB-4554-A57B-70CCE157EEC6.jpeg

7DDDC5B5-CBD2-4575-B3B3-0B548BC2F11A.jpeg

Ordered side bars from Vanstyle and fitted new number plates with flag and UK. Never liked advertising the JCB Group on the plates supplied by Eurovans :)

E79D1F9F-BC6A-4039-BEC4-9CEFA94C68D6.png

C9B4391C-55F4-4001-A7CF-86AD23F3F132.jpeg

Looking forward to seeing them on your van. Need to know that the jacking points are clear and how easy they were to fit. Eva is lowered 30mm like yours so will be keen to hear your comments.

Part one of Isofix mk v| Installed. Followed it guy’s YouTube video nice and clear. Part two on Thursday. Used Eva to collect 3m fence posts today also. Useful vehicle!

DC7543D9-3AE5-42B0-A01F-1D7C3096547F.jpeg

Time flies, had Elmo3 for a year. Bought a 2 year warranty extension today. I‘m generally sceptical about used vehicle warranties but this one paid out for a new steering rack this year with no issue, so happy to extend.

Thule VeloSpace XT3 bike rack. Very pleased with it. Easy to mount (a bit of muscle required!) Very easy to tilt. And, as others have already confirmed, it tilts just(!) enough to allow the tailgate to open. It’s a quality bit of kit. :)

View attachment 82816

View attachment 82817

View attachment 82818

View attachment 82816

View attachment 82817

View attachment 82818
Hi I can confirm this is a good bit of kit bought the same rack works really well with my mountain bike and ebike

Pictures or it has not happened! ;) :bananadance2
Part one is the prep and glue of the Velcro strips to the metal work so not much to report other than it was the first time I had really looked at the whole of the roof space. Saw the way the mattress was made at the foot and used the 2nd hand ladder to get up and down a dozen times. Then to leave 48 hrs to cure.

Part one is the prep and glue of the Velcro strips to the metal work so not much to report other than it was the first time I had really looked at the whole of the roof space. Saw the way the mattress was made at the foot and used the 2nd hand ladder to get up and down a dozen times. Then to leave 48 hrs to cure.
That comment was for the fence posts

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Agree @Calimili , one of the key shortcomings of the Cali. Even with the cupholder on top of the dash, you have to reach to get to it. This one - don't even have to move an inch.

On the measurements, see pics. .IMO, the bottom does not matter too much. One of my water bottles has a larger base but it's sits well.

The top is 7.5 cm.
The bottom is 6.25 cm

A Costa cup sits well.
My water bottle sits in place. 300 mls yesterday and it was all good.
e8b5d8b7dabd52f272c7bffe675f9044.jpg
abc10f7b2ef361eb758b7a85e69cb98f.jpg
78f9e3c40dc190f3b5d6558f4e5a7078.jpg
b283dc9044cca21098ba3eeecd81a8b4.jpg

The passenger will have to do without as of now ... they have to ask

That looks really good.
Do you have a link please:thumb

That comment was for the fence posts

No pictures of the 10 fence posts. Used a large plastic bin placed on it’s side as the end receptacle on the passenger seat to keep it all safe and protect the front.

Back