Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

What have you bought for your Cali today :-)

It is 95% tint, in the last rear side panel they are double glazed so you may notice a greyish square an a certain angle. It doesn't detract from the look in my opinion. The last shot shows the difference between the pax door tint and the 95% from inside.

View attachment 76465View attachment 76466View attachment 76467View attachment 76468View attachment 76469View attachment 76470View attachment 76471View attachment 76472View attachment 76473View attachment 76474
How did they deal with the dots around the window when applying the film?

Treated to a Yuasa 5019. The old one (a 3019) was perfectly serviceable but starting to lose charge after a while.

Finally got round to sorting our roof setup out.

Bought Thule Probars 135 with the 754 lower profile foot pack as well as a Yamika Supdawg. Had hoped to get the Thule Suptaxi instead for the single key system but it only holds boards up to 34” wide and tandems go slightly wider than this.

Topped it off with an Itiwit 15’ tandem paddle board from Decathlon which got its first outing on Windermere yesterday with my other half and our daughter. So far a fantastic stable board and reassured me I was right to go for the value option (the Red equivalent is awesome but also 3x the price). All very simple to get on the roof with the aid of a solid step and saves tonnes of time over inflating and deflating every day.

7d7717bfb55be7b5cc192b77f32353c4.jpg

Bought Thule Probars 135 with the 754 lower profile foot pack as well as a Yamika Supdawg. Had hoped to get the Thule Suptaxi instead for the single key system but it only holds boards up to 34” wide and tandems go slightly wider than this.

Topped it off with an Itiwit 15’ tandem paddle board from Decathlon which got its first outing on Windermere yesterday with my other half and our daughter. So far a fantastic stable board and reassured me I was right to go for the value option (the Red equivalent is awesome but also 3x the price). All very simple to get on the roof with the aid of a solid step and saves tonnes of time over inflating and deflating every day.

Looks great! Any chance you could measure the height between the roof and the flat top of each bar? I am trying to squeeze ours into a garage and clearance is very low.

Suggest putting the sup dawg the other way round + slide it over towards sliding door. Then you can use the van interior as the step (comes in handy for locking the rear strap, and the awning casing acts a good buffer if it’s windy when lifting them back on & will help prevent scratching the side of pop top if they are covered in sand)

4063E45B-E127-4858-A6CA-7BF1069302D0.jpeg

Hmm. You're wasting space. I think all of the bathroom functions can be performed in the kitchen. Going further, you could cook and sleep in the cali, and put a PortPotti under the Cali sink. So all you really need is the garage, with a large TV or screen for your own drive-in movies. Do you have a significant other who can take your orders for food and drink?

I’ve got the same set up with our SUP’s but did find that air does escape - especially in the warmer weather so boards will need a pump up regularly, and the other thing was the overhang in the front really needs to be tied down at the front somehow or can bend upwards in the wind. All still much easier than deflating and inflating daily.

I am just waiting for the quotes as we speak. I’ll let you know on Monday.
Hey Wogga, I’ve had the quote back from Reep for two stage polish and prep, PPF to front areas of the vehicle, ceramic to the rest, £2k. It’s a bit higher than I was expecting, was happier around the £1500 mark but have used them before. I’m now not sure what to do as I’m picking the Cali up in the morning.

I’ve got the same set up with our SUP’s but did find that air does escape - especially in the warmer weather so boards will need a pump up regularly, and the other thing was the overhang in the front really needs to be tied down at the front somehow or can bend upwards in the wind. All still much easier than deflating and inflating daily.
You can get a bow line for the front, you just shut it under the bonnet. Your sup should have a ring on the front which you can attach a strap to and then loop thru the anchor:

Hey Wogga, I’ve had the quote back from Reep for two stage polish and prep, PPF to front areas of the vehicle, ceramic to the rest, £2k. It’s a bit higher than I was expecting, was happier around the £1500 mark but have used them before. I’m now not sure what to do as I’m picking the Cali up in the morning.
Suggest you try Azuri. After much umming and ahhing they know what they’re doing, use the top gear (gtechniq and xpel) and are less than two grand

You can get a bow line for the front, you just shut it under the bonnet. Your sup should have a ring on the front which you can attach a strap to and then loop thru the anchor:

Thanks for that:thumb

what do you think to them please ? was going to buy some as they look quality , are you happy with them and how easy are they to install grumpygrandad :) ?
Hi Jim, Very easy to install and happy with them.

Back