Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

WeConnect - can it monitor water/waste/battery levels..?

couplands

couplands

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
As per the title, on a Cali Ocean T6.1, will I be able to monitor the levels of leisure battery, water and waste water via the WeConnect app..?

I’ve also read varying issues with remote switching on of the aux heater, does that work on the latest models via the app..?

I guess the water levels aren't that important, but monitoring leisure battery levels would be useful. Are there any good remote battery management solutions out there..? Victron maybe (if I went down the solar route)..?
There are, but it is very expensive.

I can hear the Tesla developers laughing.
The difference between having a vehicle fitted with a massive battery with oodles of power which can stay online permanently, and a vehicle with a little lead-acid battery that needs to save every milliamp and shut everything down when not in use.

The victron serial protocol is open. One could read one's mppt data and publish it over lorawan or using 4g or similar.

In my case my vehicle is in range of WiFi which simplifies things.

I have a 100W kit coming from @Roger Donoghue today or tomorrow that will allow me, when in BT range, to monitor the leisure batteries. Not sure it's that useful TBH. A bit like some of my clients and software licensing - they only need about 10% of the licence they ask for and the ones that use it only need about 10% of the actual features they think they do. I use WE very sparingly and mainly when I forget if I have locked my cars and to double check (I have two VW's in the app) or once when I forgot the van keys I was able to use it to open and unlock the Cali.

Last edited:
I have a 100W kit coming from @Roger Donoghue today or tomorrow that will allow me, when in BT range, to monitor the leisure batteries. Not sure it's that useful TBH.

BT function is handy as will show you how much battery power you have used, float hours (battery fully charged), max/min voltage over each 24 hr period etc. So easy to check if your battery has been fully charged each day & how many hours of solar were used to charge it (Bulk reading)

2AC5C415-A260-409B-812F-9D8869974A18.png

I have a 100W kit coming from @Roger Donoghue today or tomorrow that will allow me, when in BT range, to monitor the leisure batteries. Not sure it's that useful TBH. A bit like some of my clients and software licensing - they only need about 10% of the licence they ask for and the ones that use it only need about 10% of the actual features they think they do. I use WE very sparingly and mainly when I forget if I have locked my cars and to double check (I have two VW's in the app) or once when I forgot the van keys I was able to use it to open and unlock the Cali.
It was Rogers solar setup I was thinking of getting. Although I figure I'll try without solar initially to see how long the batteries last. I don't expect us to be staying still for days on end, so hopefully the batteries will get charged regularly.

It was Rogers solar setup I was thinking of getting. Although I figure I'll try without solar initially to see how long the batteries last. I don't expect us to be staying still for days on end, so hopefully the batteries will get charged regularly.
Reality is I don’t “need” solar, but I “want” solar.

Might force us to go to more places or camps without EHU. So far on site we have only ever used EHU for the electric kettle (and we could have used the hob one) and our evening projector. All times I thought to myself “did we really need a EHU site”.

As @Ch1pbutty says above, the BT will be handy more to see how the panel is performing. We can see the charge stats etc in the main on the driver panel.

I have Victron for all things solar and inverter:

IMG_2613.PNG

The batteries are LifePo4 Lithium Phosphate from Ultimatron and they have an app too:

IMG_2614.PNG

And finally a bluetooth monitor for the AGM starter battery from AEG:

IMG_2615.PNG

Back