Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Webasto & Eberspacher Heaters by remote

Gazellio

Gazellio

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
My other car is a LR Discovery 3/4 which all have a Webasto Thermo Top Engine Heater that starts when the car is started in cold weather - under 6 degrees.

There is also the option to use this Webasto as pre-heater via remote fob and this can be programmed to turn on for up to 30 minutes by APP/TIMER or REMOTE FOB.

My D3 has an ALTOX app which allows me to trun on the heater using my phone. A sim card is located behind the dash in the car.

This was all made easy (after market starters) by the fact that the original D3 had a button on the dash to manually turn on the Webasto. After a few month of production this feature was removed but the wire into the heater remained and still does so it very easy to connect a remote starter to this ignition wire.

Has anybody fitted a remote re-heater/starter for the California Eberspacher Engine Pre Heater?

My other car is a LR Discovery 3/4 which all have a Webasto Thermo Top Engine Heater that starts when the car is started in cold weather - under 6 degrees.

There is also the option to use this Webasto as pre-heater via remote fob and this can be programmed to turn on for up to 30 minutes by APP/TIMER or REMOTE FOB.

My D3 has an ALTOX app which allows me to trun on the heater using my phone. A sim card is located behind the dash in the car.

This was all made easy (after market starters) by the fact that the original D3 had a button on the dash to manually turn on the Webasto. After a few month of production this feature was removed but the wire into the heater remained and still does so it very easy to connect a remote starter to this ignition wire.

Has anybody fitted a remote re-heater/starter for the California Eberspacher Engine Pre Heater?
The California uses a Webasto as the Engine Heater. You can get a Remote Module for it.
The Eberspacher Heater is only used as an Air Heater for the interior.

There are some folks who have added a remote to the Thermotop and the kit is readily available. It lets you run the heater for max of 30 minutes to clear the screen and warm the van. About £160 I believe.

Looks like £500 to buy & Fit remote control at their place in London

Back