Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

We connect go + dataplug

thehorse

thehorse

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi,

I got a dataplug 4 years ago and used it with the “we connect go” app. After about 6 months I totally forgot about it, but just tried logging into the app again. Last journey recorded was July 2018. When I go into the app it says disconnected. I just went to the van and saw the dataplug in my Bluetooth list but when I clicked to connect it said unsupported?

Is the app/dataplug still supported? I noticed there is a new app called “WE Connect” (without “go” at the end). I downloaded it and it asked for my VIN but then said unable to connect?

Hi,

I got a dataplug 4 years ago and used it with the “we connect go” app. After about 6 months I totally forgot about it, but just tried logging into the app again. Last journey recorded was July 2018. When I go into the app it says disconnected. I just went to the van and saw the dataplug in my Bluetooth list but when I clicked to connect it said unsupported?

Is the app/dataplug still supported? I noticed there is a new app called “WE Connect” (without “go” at the end). I downloaded it and it asked for my VIN but then said unable to connect?
I too had a VW dataplug for a short while and it stopped working.
I wont be able to answer your question unfortunately as I have moved to another "Dataplug" type device so I can keep an eye on my EU6 Diesel DPF filter percentage (in case I wish to run the engine on idle for a brief period during summer for aircon or for charging batteries if im static for long periods) or check engine codes in detail if a light decides to pop up.
I think the data plug from VW is a nice concept but I felt it tied me into a VW ecosystem which, since my warranty expired and during reduced support during lockdowns, did very little for me apart from feed usage and positional data to VW and I felt that was unnecessary.
I chose to switch to a very reasonably priced ODBLink LX (see photo) to provide me with the features above and it has truly saved me several times from unnecessary DPF issues.
e7245c0b0d8c6b079dacf1a25948f37b.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-N950F en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi,

Yes, the data plug still works. There was a software update some time ago, and the app to be used on the mobile is WeConnectGo.

This could be just a permissions issue.

• Ensure that your bluetooth on the phone is switched on. Maybe a good idea to forget the connection if already added.
  • See that the dongle is inserted properly/completely. Make a note of the code on the dongle.

Once you start the app, it will search for the dongle and once connected, it should update the dongle software as required.

Everytime I start the engine, the phone connects automatically to the dongle and I Get lots of driving data.

Any questions, do give a shout and I can try to help.

Just an update, I picked up another dataplug from the dealer and this one worked ok. It did have a later software version.

There is an option to turn on the auxiliary heater using something called dfteeze. Does that require extra hardware?

Also what is the WE connect app, vs WE connect go? The “go” works fine as before but the newer WE connect wants me to enter my VIN which it says is wrong?

Hi,

My old dataplug doesn’t seem to be discoverable with the “go” version .

Just an update, I picked up another dataplug from the dealer and this one worked ok. It did have a later software version.

There is an option to turn on the auxiliary heater using something called dfteeze. Does that require extra hardware?

Also what is the WE connect app, vs WE connect go? The “go” works fine as before but the newer WE connect wants me to enter my VIN which it says is wrong?
Yes it seems to. The DFreeeze module (Yes, 3 'e's) is required to be installed and registered

Envoyé de mon SM-N950F en utilisant Tapatalk

Back