Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

We are fools!

Glynn

Glynn

VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
We have had our Cali for 2 months and have had many conversations regarding the small window above the fridge, discussing....... Why is it not tinted? Why does it not have a blind like the rest of the windows? We had decided to have it tinted and buy the Brandrup spice holder to give us the privacy we needed! We often remarked on the fact VW had thought of everything when designing the van apart from the small window.

Last night we were sat on the waters edge at Burnham Overy Staithe enjoying the view when my Wife suddenly realised what fools we are and closed the blind that sits discreetly behind the wardrobe.

Glad we had not wasted our money on the tinting or Brandrup Spice holder! Are we the only ones?

If it's any consolation, it took me a little while to find the rear window blind.

If your van behaves anything like mine the blind above the fridge - in time - will remain permanently closed!!

as above.

I found that blind first day and it's remained closed ever since :D

...the brandrup spice holder is NOT waste of money ....but a nice and handy thing , we store small botle handwash and dishwashsoap in it and some tubes suncream etc....
That smal window and that plastic blind is waste of space and money by VW...!

That small blind does serve more than one purpose

It not only gives privacy, it helps to keep the sun off the fridge if its shinning on the door.

If the blind gets stuck, it can be free very easily by putting your hand inside the cupboard to get a grip on it

The whole window on that rear leftside should better not be there , better would be a panel ...that glas window gives no plus whatever on a Cali , but it comes that way since the base is a multivan...

I think I would miss part of my lovely view outside the van while I was cooking dinner though :(

Not the window above the coocker we are talking about....but the one behind the wardrobe and part above the fridge...

The more windows and views the better as far as I'm concerned. I get narked when i forget to slide the plastic back into the wardrobe before I stuff it full of bedding. No chance of pushing the plastic cover back in once that's all in there.

We've only had our Cali for four years. I'd better have a look for this blind! tbh we have the Brandrup spice thingie and didn't realise there was a window behind it for a year ;-)

Back