Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Just about to order a new T5 180

P

Pete Wilkins

VIP Member
Hi
We are just about to order a SE 180 bhp in Olympian Blue, manual drive, with Camper pack ,safe, parking sensors front and rear, and with the Kenword media radio/Satnav/blue tooth system.
This will be our first Cali is there a factory extra that we would be fools not to take up on.
And what would you buy with out fail to add to the enjoyment of the Cali if you wre starting from scratch, ie other poducts fold up ladder, or just a small item that you would not be with out.
We are going to get a topper so we will be dry, we were planning that when we had the children with us they would go up there, but a lot of you have said they sleep upstairs as it is more comftable, is there a weight limit up stairs? I am not over large but around 15st I am not brave enough to mention wife and size!! is upstairs just for smaller people.
You thoughts would be welcome
Pete

Pete,

I collected my California from Donnelly Bros in NI two weeks ago. They have a 180 Olympian Blue Cali that is just about about to be a demonstrator. They don' t sell or demonstrate many, so there could be a good deal available. It might be worthwhile giving their salesman Mark Charles a call.

Andy

Goldie said:
Pete,

I collected my California from Donnelly Bros in NI two weeks ago. They have a 180 Olympian Blue Cali that is just about about to be a demonstrator. They don' t sell or demonstrate many, so there could be a good deal available. It might be worthwhile giving their salesman Mark Charles a call.

Andy

Demonstrators have to be 3 months old before they can sell them, VW rule. If sold earlier they get big problems with VW. I guess a vehicle registered with VW as a demo is heavily discounted, so there is a larger profit or discount available.

Pete Wilkins said:
Hi
We are just about to order a SE 180 bhp in Olympian Blue, manual drive, with Camper pack ,safe, parking sensors front and rear, and with the Kenword media radio/Satnav/blue tooth system.
This will be our first Cali is there a factory extra that we would be fools not to take up on.
And what would you buy with out fail to add to the enjoyment of the Cali if you wre starting from scratch, ie other poducts fold up ladder, or just a small item that you would not be with out.
We are going to get a topper so we will be dry, we were planning that when we had the children with us they would go up there, but a lot of you have said they sleep upstairs as it is more comftable, is there a weight limit up stairs? I am not over large but around 15st I am not brave enough to mention wife and size!! is upstairs just for smaller people.
You thoughts would be welcome
Pete

I don't know what is included in the packs you mention, but the options that are most desirable are...

privacy glass
climatronic
awning

If you even might need the fifth seat add it as an option, much cheaper. If you don't need it the seat can be sold for £600 / £700.

I dont recall the weight limit of the top bed, I believe it was mentioned in a thread some where.

We got a DSG which I find really makes a difference to the driving experience - there is a recent thread on here about the merits of DSG vs manual. Aside from privacy glass already mentioned and a tow bar I think everything else is reasonably easy to fit later.

We've had ours four months and have got (and used a lot) a windscreen cover, cali-topper and downstairs mattress topper all from comforz. They have a good special offer on at the moment, so might be worth getting them now while you are spending the big bucks! Also got Inka seat covers, which save much aggro when someone inevitably spills their breakfast.

I would prefer to sleep in the pop-up roof bed (it's more comfortable), but our kids monopolise it! It is easier to get in and out than you might imagine, so I don't think you need a ladder.

We also use levelling ramps a lot, but they do take up precious space.

There are plenty of posts about what accessories people buy on here and a pretty exhaustive list here: http://wildaboutscotland.com/2013/03/16 ... cessories/.

hope you enjoy your new toy!!

-Tim

Although a little pricey as an extra a Parking heater (which includes programmable timer and remote control) I believe is a must especially if you intend to venture overnight when the cooler weather arrives. I live in S.W France and have found it very useful, a 15 minute blast makes all the difference (think the children would appreciate it also), could be expensive to install after your purchase ?).
Happy camping.
Allan

Pouzols said:
Although a little pricey as an extra a Parking heater (which includes programmable timer and remote control) I believe is a must especially if you intend to venture overnight when the cooler weather arrives. I live in S.W France and have found it very useful, a 15 minute blast makes all the difference (think the children would appreciate it also), could be expensive to install after your purchase ?).
Happy camping.
Allan

Is the Parking heater (Includes programmable timer and remote control) not a standard fit in the SE? I believe it is listed on page 22 of the current brochure as being a standard feature. There will be consternation and panic in the house, we are waiting for delivery still a few months off, if its not fitted.

Andy

Thank you for your comments so far, the SE from what I can see does have a heater but does not have the timer which is not a big problem for us.
We have been at a caravan show today and was looking and asking questions we are even more sure the the Cali is the right call, but we are now not sure if the 180 is the right engine, we were told that it is not as good as the 140 it is fast but strains the engine and it burn valves ?
Does anyone have any comments ref the above.

Back