Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ways of purchasing a Cali?

John

John

VIP Member
Original post Gary

This was discussed a number of times on FB, so for future members and again for my own 'let's get one' strategy, what has seemed the best way to purchase a Cali??

No requirement to give to much detail, just a look at the many options? ..... I've been doing the 'hope for six numbers' method every Saturday night and it's a bit kak as I think i'm down on the profit stakes

Good to hear you views

Original post v3rn - Nic & Helena

Save long and hard and then take satisfaction knowing you own it. Look out the window and smile as you see it on the drive, grin as you drive it and show people round it with pride.

Original post californiaman

The dealer our van came from were very eager to know where my money came from as "nobody has that sort of cash". They assumed I had a loan or other sort of finance and wanted to try and beat my loan rate"!

So I asked them the question - and they said the vast majority were purchased with cash.

Original post Calikev

I traded in a 2008 t5 elite conversion for mine at vw Leicester and payed the remaining £21,000 in cash the didn't ask me any questions or offer finance at all

Original post freeley

Oct 17, 2011, 10:04am, v3rn - Nic & Helena wrote: Save long and hard and then take satisfaction knowing you own it. Look out the window and smile as you see it on the drive, grin as you drive it and show people round it with pride.

Then get consumed by rage when some t### drives into it like they did my new T5 the other day.

Original post andy

freeley sorry to here your T5. Hope you got their details.
Nearly had N/S front corner of my new cali taken out last week by some idiot in £1000 worth of Mondeo.

Original post lickeyendblues

We are currently searching with a view to buying in the New Year. There doesn't seem to be too many "pre-loved" vehicles out there....are they written into wills???
A new £40K+ is outside our budget but we are looking around the £30K mark. Is there anywhere we should be looking? We have tried the usual suspects but limited availability.

Original post Calikev

Not really mate I did see one on eBay a few weeks back at £28'000
You might find it a bit of a struggle at that because of the high resale values the Cali's have
But don't be downhearted this is defiantly the right time of year to look and if someone is desperate to sell you might find a little bargain

Original post charlied

Hi All, new to the forum. The way I've been trying to finance a Cali is not working.

I've spent as much time as possible this year working offshore trying to save up the extra money. BUT my wife and kids seem to think the extra money is for spending. Think I may need a secret account.....

John said:
Original post Calikev

Not really mate I did see one on eBay a few weeks back at £28'000
You might find it a bit of a struggle at that because of the high resale values the Cali's have
But don't be downhearted this is defiantly the right time of year to look and if someone is desperate to sell you might find a little bargain

Going to have a look at a couple on Saturday. Woo Woo!!

The main reason for sticking with Calis is the resale value.

Please tell me more what are you going to look at. Sorry for being so nosey.

Calikev said:
Please tell me more what are you going to look at. Sorry for being so nosey.

No worries.
Using the "Used" section on the main VW website we saw that there is one in Listers + Worcester. I emailed them and they have two! we are out and about on Saturday so it isn't out of our way to have a look. Looking at the other vehicles on the VW site they are all very similar.

Cool have a nice day. Oh and keep us informed of how it went
Cheers calikev

The planned trip was aborted as Shani's dad was taken into hospital (waiting game to see what happens) so we went along today to Listers Worcester. They have 3 Calis; 180 Silver Berghaus 50K; 180 Grey full spec 53K; 140 Blue automatic 43K
Out plan was to just have a really good guided look and OMG!!! We had a rough idea via here and other sites but the quality just oozes from the vehicles.

Question now is; do we spend nearly 50K or continue to look at something around 40K.

Sorry to hear about shani's dad hope all goes well.
As for the Cali I suppose it comes down to money in the end. If you can afford it go for it,if not there are still some great cali's out there for 40k

Cheers Kev. We will know more about Syd in a couple of weeks.

We are in a very fortunate position where we can afford it but 50K just takes some getting used to!! It was a lovely looking bit of kit! Shani reckons she has an old Berghaus in the attic so she would be partially kitted out!!

I know what you mean it's a bit scarey sometimes when I think I have £55k worth of vehicles sitting on the drive.
It's a bit like buying a house,when you see the right one you will know.exciting times. The berghaus must be quite
A rare beast,so might make it more desirable.

It was good to use the Drivethedeal.com site. We got there best price for the spec we wanted and then took this price to a number of dealers. One matched it but with a different colour and slightly different spec. The dealer we have gone with ended up £340 over but the exact spec. We thought this worth paying to be with a local dealer.

I have numerous Californias for sale, ranging from £32990 for an 07, up to £47,490 for a well spec'd 180 DSG, Most are nearly new. some Pre reg with delivery miles only.

Sold our Defender, paid the rest in cash.
Really do think we got one hell of a good deal. Pre-registration in September, 16 miles on the clock, almost £52k list for under 45k. Exact colour and spec we wanted. Ideal.

Back