Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water tank reading half full

S

Silverboat

Why does my water tank reading say half full now?

Dodgy reading or not emptying?

Face lift Cali, 180 DSG

Yes you can. Look in the wardrobe at the bottom you will see a round disc remove this then you will
See the water tank lid unscrew it and the float is attached to that.It may be tight and need tapping with a piece of wood and rubber mallet. Good luck

It seems stuck! Wooden rammer and heavy hammer. Its not budging.

I actually managed to almost snap off one of the lugs (top right)

I would rather have a dodgey reading than a broken tank. I will ask the workshops to have a look when its next in which probably wont be too long!!? :crazy

IMAG1527.jpg

On a few occasions when I put a hose pipe my water tank to fill it, the hose hits the pipe that runs from the pump to the tap. This pushed the pipe into the level sensor and stopped the float having full travel. If I shine a torch through the fill hole I can hook the pipe with a piece of wire and gently pull it away from the float.

Hope this is keeping on topic ...
I have a T5
From memory the tank capacity is 3 litres.
However my level gauge only shows the full three bars when totally full.
When only about 1/2 litre is used, level drops to 2 bars.
The gauge is showing empty when there is still a good litre or more in the tank.
Same problem? Or it is just not very linear in terms of the sensor/electronics calibration?

Hi Alberto. I think you have hit the nail on the head I don't think either the fresh water or waste water
Gauges are very accurate more of a guide.

I think the tank holds more like 30ltr? Could be wrong but im sure I have had more than 3 out of it.
I will take a look in through the cap and see if I can shift it.

:thanks

Forgive me, got my units wrong by factor of 10.
Anyhow, suggestions welcome if the gauge reading is the same experience for others?

I've had the same problem removing the cleaning access cap to the water tank, any suggestions in how to remove it with damaging it? Ewan

ewanshinton said:
I've had the same problem removing the cleaning access cap to the water tank, any suggestions in how to remove it with damaging it? Ewan

With Silcone spray and a pipe wrench. Had the same issue but it worked that way for me. It may feels that you will break the cap but hey, no risk no fun ;-)

Chris

Gently tapping it around worked for me. Have fun slicing your hands up in the process!

Forgot to say it is better to tap it round with a piece of wood from the back remove the shelf that covers the gas bottle lid and you will be able to tap it from a better angle

Ive given up, it needs a professional. Im smashing the hell out of it!

I had real problems opening the water tank hatch, couldn't tap it loose with a hammer.
I made a spanner out of a length of wood 440 mm long with 2 captive bolts in one end 90 mm centre to centre. This slides in from above the gas access and gives loads of leverage with no risk of breaking anything .

Back