Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Water level problem

D

DarrenTurner68

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi, our water level indicators on Grand California have stopped working. Any easy suggestions before have to go to the dealer?

I imagine VW use the same sensor as in the California? Have you tried emptying and refilling the tank a couple of times? We had the problem in September last year but after doing the above it’s not reoccurred.

Hello,

You said "... our water level indicators stopped working ...". The way I understand this that the fresh and grey water level won't be shown. Is the level wrong or not there at all? Does the other functions on the Camper Unit do work?

I think it is unlikely that both sensors from the fresh and the grey water tank are defective at the same time. Also the cables coming from those sensors.

So it might be the Camper Unit that might have a problem. As mentioned have you tried to switch off the main power (keep it off for 5 minutes)? If that fails you might need to take off the blue connector from the main controller (KFG Kundenspezifisches Steuergeraet). Sorry I can't remember the English name for it.

The way I understood is that the Camper Unit is rather simple and only a monitor for the information from the KFG (under the glove box).

If that all fails it might be a trip to your VW dealer.

Best of luck.

Regards,
Eberhard

Back