Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wardrobe roller shutter separated/ broke

S

sobmar

Hi Guys,

I have noticed this summer my roller shutter for the storage on the back part( where gas is) has started separating). Any idea if I can;
1) get a new one?
2)Fix existing one?

Thank you for any suggestions

how old is the van ----? in warranty

Hi, it's 4 years old so no warranty:) but I would be surprised if I won't be able to fix it

Gaffer Tape on the back? I't not horribily expensive from VW, just moderately painful. The new version is revised with a line of tape on the back to stop it happening.

I agree with Seb.

It's a bad design.

Silver Gaffer tape on the back, will work for years, and you wont even notice it. :thumb

John

Had ours replaced under warranty on our first Cali. While waiting for the repair used the silver gaffer tape repair and it worked great.

John said:
I agree with Seb.

It's a bad design.

Silver Gaffer tape on the back, will work for years, and you wont even notice it. :thumb

John

Agreed... We actually did this on our doors years ago as a preventative measure.

Rgds
M

SimplyDubs said:
John said:
I agree with Seb.

It's a bad design.

John

Agreed... We actually did this on our doors years ago as a preventative measure.

Rgds
M

Same here gaffer tape is a wonderful product

Yeah, mine spilt on my 2008 Cali, but fortunately it was just in warranty, It must be a design fault.

Maybe we need to get some "VW California build quality bingo" cards made up.

Lets list the common cali faults/ design mistakes/ ticking timebomb issues - steering, bubbling roof, sliding internal roof, bubbling alloy wheels, roof control panel, wardrobe roller shutters ............ and see who is first to score a full house and shout :censor

Perhaps SMG could sponsor/ provide the prizes as it will be getting plenty of spares and repairs work out of the good work it does for the forum ?

Indeed, maybe the Cali repairs will keep the VW commercial dealers going during otherwise lean times so we might get some others to sponsor other prizes ? :bananadance

I replaced both my roller shutters ( My 12 year old son managed to brake both in the space of 2 days on holiday). I got them from my local VW dealer and I think the rear one cost £90 approx.
Very simple to fit, it took me 10 minutes to replace both.

hope this helps

chris

174 bhp blue comfortline :D

Back