Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Wardrobe door catch

D

danny13

VIP Member
Has anyone experienced failure of the wardrobe door catches. Mine are both broken, wondering if anyone managed to get this fixed under warranty (they were broken on mine by previous owner, so not sure if it was due to misuse...)

2013-02-15084913_zps1139c3b5.jpg
2013-02-15084941_zps70a023af.jpg
2013-02-15084921_zpsf94ba9ff.jpg

i would be very very surprised if under warranty unless you can prove to them that the part has failed under normal use conditions ....(unless the dealer really likes you where you got it from ) then you may get one ,as he has your money and service hopefully ... ;)

How much they want for new ones ???
They can post out to you from smg

Not sure yet, I've 3 or 4 little bits of broken trim to get sorted so will get some prices when I take it in for an MOT, I suspect the door catch may come complete with the full wardrobe, although someone mentioned screw in replacements were available so will see.

I was going to order a copy of ETKA for parts, seems they have all been removed from ebay - shame.

I hope this doesn't require a complete £1000 leather seat to fix!
2013-02-15085219_zpse198ef01.jpg

You can get a kit for the handle on the wardrobe door not sure whats inculded. We had a complete new door under warranty and was told the door was £475.

Wardrobe catches £15 each, I suspect they will be screwed in. To be replaced under warranty due to faulty rivets :thumb

Nice one. I had looked up the price to see they were just shy of £15.

I think the part for your seat should be quite reasonable too :thumb

Back