VW Warranty T&C

• Thread starter theoldmancunian
  • Start date
theoldmancunian

theoldmancunian

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I've recently had a leisure battery replaced under warranty. The one that it was replacing was just under twp

I've recently had a leisure battery replaced under warranty. The one that it was replacing was just under twp
That was lucky on a 10 year old vehicle, according to your Avatar details.

I've recently had a leisure battery replaced under warranty. The faulty battery was just under two years old.

I was rather surprised to learn, when I collected my van, that the warranty on the new battery was only as good as that on the one that had been replaced - in this case a mere 7 days.

I understand, following an exchange with VW Customer Care, that this is their standard practice. I've certainly never heard of this in dealing with any other company outside the auto sector. Nor have I ever seen anything to this effect in VW's literature.

Has anyone else come across this? Has is it always been and is it always the case with vehicle warranties? Or am I naive in thinking that any new part fitted to a vehicle, whether under warranty or as a paid-for item, should be treated alike and carry a full manufacturer's warranty?

I've recently had a leisure battery replaced under warranty. The faulty battery was just under two years old.

I was rather surprised to learn, when I collected my van, that the warranty on the new battery was only as good as that on the one that had been replaced - in this case a mere 7 days.

I understand, following an exchange with VW Customer Care, that this is their standard practice. I've certainly never heard of this in dealing with any other company outside the auto sector. Nor have I ever seen anything to this effect in VW's literature.

Has anyone else come across this? Has is it always been and is it always the case with vehicle warranties? Or am I naive in thinking that any new part fitted to a vehicle, whether under warranty or as a paid-for item, should be treated alike and carry a full manufacturer's warranty?
That's normal.
Part replaced under warranty has a warranty no longer than that of the part replaced.

Outside of warranty period then you get the full manufacturers warranty period.

If you had replaced the battery yourself and paid for it you would have the Full Warranty for the period offered.

Same with many electronic and other goods. No extension of Warranty Period if replaced during Warrant Period.

Basically you are insured to have a fully functioning item for the Warrant Period, Only.

Indeed warranty on a 10 year old Cali ?
What does twp stand for?

Perhaps he had the Battery replaced "just under two years ago" and the Battery had a two-year warranty on it.
That would be my best guess!

Back