Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Warranty issues

E

Ernie

I had my cooker fixed last year under warranty as it lit but didn't stay alight, ignition switch was changed but problem still exists, however my warranty has expired. I thought that if it was reported under warranty and not resolved they are still liable but they are saying it is my responsibility to pay for it, is this true? I haven't had good experience full stop at my local vw garage smg tonbridge anyway! It sounds more like the thermocouple to me, if I have to do it are they hard to change?

I would contact customer services and tell them that Smg tonbridge failed in their attempt to fix it whilst it was under warranty see what they say

Sorry didn't read properly there did seem a large gap between the repair last year and now it might not be related

Concerning Warranty so adding to this thread : Just taken our 2 year old Ocean to fix a 'few' issues under warranty; Rear Brake Light leak, Gas ring that sometimes gave a small shock when we pressed the igniter, Rusty screws in the roof & a faulty tap - all sorted by the dealer but they refused to give us any paperwork concerning the repairs even when we asked... is this normal? They did say that we'd get a letter from VW once they had submitted the warranty claim but I'm not sure this will happen.

Back