Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW T6 - A reality this time? ;)

SimplyDubs

SimplyDubs

VW and loving it...
Vehicle
N/A
So the German press is talking about the T6 in earnest now.

Do we like the new style?

Neuer-VW-T6-474x316-c57f8649a2d29d0e.jpg

My own feeling is that it's a little Mercedes like... but as with all things this will probably grow on me. (Not around till 2015 anyway)

It's actually a relatively gentle evolution from the current styling in my opinion.

What's the opinion of the team?

Rgds
Mark

SimplyDubs said:
So the German press is talking about the T6 in earnest now.

Do we like the new style?

Neuer-VW-T6-474x316-c57f8649a2d29d0e.jpg

My own feeling is that it's a little Mercedes like... but as with all things this will probably grow on me. (Not around till 2015 anyway)

It's actually a relatively gentle evolution from the current styling in my opinion.

What's the opinion of the team?

Rgds
Mark

Mirrors look flimsy - I like the styling and the squareness - it lacks a bit of solidity for me. I like the squareness and stance of the current T5.

Will be dependent on model etc and I am sure in the flesh it will be different. I am interested to know they are going to include hybrid technology and alternate fuel systems.

It does look a bit Mercedes like but i like the new Golf style lights

James

Just like the new Transit is an inflated Fiesta, that looks like an inflated Up!

Not sure about the middle grille area at all.

I don't think I like it, not sure what I don't like it just doesn't 'feel' right from that pic. Looks a bit like a cross between the microbus (concept?) and the new ford transit

Could look agresive from the front I think. Not for me.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

JockMacMad said:
Yup definitely looks like a bigger version on my UP!

Have to say, saw a tricked out Up! the other day, lowered, widened with a bit of extreme camber etc... actually a bit nice.

Nope don't like it at all. Hopefully this is just a mock up?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

1B873675-2086-4FDB-998A-8A3B799C66DC-430-000001170021D1A5.jpg

77C923B1-8432-41B1-B44C-CB65FB842C96-430-00000116F8560D5A.jpg

3891A46A-D062-429B-AD97-CC5E96ABF7DD-430-00000117050FCACE.jpg

I'm just not sure how the rear side windows will look.

http://www.autobild.de/artikel/vw-t6-2015--3937876.html

From Autobild

New Bus, old base
The successor to the VW T5 starts 2015. The T6 is based in large part on its predecessor. A real new design comes in 2020 with the T7.

B ince 2015 brings VW , the sixth generation of his pickup truck on the market: the T6. The technical basis is the T5 shows how AUTO BILD in issue 14/2013 reports.
Overview: All news and tests for VW T5

The VW T6 is not a revolution - it is rather on the tried.
The development of T6 is comparable to the step from Golf V to the Golf VI . The reason is simple: Because VW earned the basic models, not enough money, cost reduction is the aim of the engineers. Thus, the T6 does not a revolution but rather puts on tried and true. The van gets motors assistance systems and infotainment devices that are already in the VW Golf and Passat uses.
VW creates space: Preview Golf Plus (2014)
The most powerful two-liter petrol engine brings 224 horsepower to the road, its diesel counterpart even 231 hp. With these values, it is not surprising that the all-wheel drive is becoming increasingly popular in the bus. The career of T6 is expected to last five years: Because apply more stringent pedestrian safety and emission regulations from 2020, VW designed the new T7. More information can be found from the VW T6 5 April AUTO BILD 14/2013 !

Think my next work van well be a transit custom!
Perhaps I'll give the transporter a rest until the t7

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

GeoffB said:
OK if you want a 'boy racer' but I prefer having a camper-van! :sad

I'm having another mid-life crisis... so a little of both would work for me ;)