Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

VW Shower Accessory - No Pressure

J

JamesSh

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I was wondering whether anyone else has the factory fitted shower accessory and whether theirs provides more than a trickle..... As far as i can see in order to operate the shower it is just a case of connecting the hose, flicking the pump switch and pressing the trigger? However this just produces a trickle of water. Please let me know if I am missing something...

I was wondering whether anyone else has the factory fitted shower accessory and whether theirs provides more than a trickle..... As far as i can see in order to operate the shower it is just a case of connecting the hose, flicking the pump switch and pressing the trigger? However this just produces a trickle of water. Please let me know if I am missing something...
Water in the tank :)

I have not come across this issue however there seems to be a common fault with T6s with no power at the tap and it could be a related fault. If you have water at the tap it rules out the pump as the issue

Can you here the pump motor going when you press the trigger?

Mine comes out about the same pressure as the sink tap (not surprisingly I suppose ;))
Maybe a kink in the pipe if the pump is firing up, thinking about it probably not a kink as the blue water pipe is quite rigid.

First need to say i do not got it on my T5 but i think ...
it's a useless option , the pump is simply not strong enough , proven before.
Good to wash your hands but think if you hang it up a heigth to stand underneeth , no good you ruin the pump within' time (but on the otherhand , mine also broke down afther one month)
And there's simply not enough water to shower . That is if want water for other things . If you just use the system to shower ....at least two maybe three showers (cold water)?
Would not spent my money on it.

Mine comes out about the same pressure as the sink tap (not surprisingly I suppose ;))
Maybe a kink in the pipe if the pump is firing up, thinking about it probably not a kink as the blue water pipe is quite rigid.

Hi Pete, I flick the switch so the pump is running and then press the trigger. The water the runs out of the end of the shower head rather than spraying at all. I've just got back from VW Vans Nottm having sat waiting for 2 hours to be told "that's how it is". Sorry to be so specific but does your show actually spray in separate streams?

James

image.jpeg
Hi Pete, I flick the switch so the pump is running and then press the trigger. The water the runs out of the end of the shower head rather than spraying at all. I've just got back from VW Vans Nottm having sat waiting for 2 hours to be told "that's how it is". Sorry to be so specific but does your show actually spray in separate streams?

James

Reactions: Djs
Looking at that photo confirms my suspicions that the "shower" option is a waste of time. Only imo of course.

It doesn't look as good as the aftermarket ones.

Looking at that photo confirms my suspicions that the "shower" option is a waste of time. Only imo of course.
Good job there isn't a lot of me to get wet ;) , at least it doesn't drain the tank too quickly.

First need to say i do not got it on my T5 but i think ...
it's a useless option , the pump is simply not strong enough , proven before.
Good to wash your hands but think if you hang it up a heigth to stand underneeth , no good you ruin the pump within' time (but on the otherhand , mine also broke down afther one month)
And there's simply not enough water to shower . That is if want water for other things . If you just use the system to shower ....at least two maybe three showers (cold water)?
Would not spent my money on it.
Well said HC. It's a 12v pump lifting water from just above ground level to something slightly above head height.!!!

I would agree, using it as a shower is challenging. I use mine to rinse sand and salt water from my kitesurfing board, bar and lines. Its not the best but better than nothing.

We nearly went for the fitted shower option and now glad we didn't IMHO it is vastly overpriced, does anyone know if the retro-fit one in the club shop has better pressure ? Would be really useful for us in the winter.

We have the club shop one and it does have very good pressure, plenty for washing down paddle boards and getting mud of the dogs feet. We bought a longer hose for it from Lidl for just £4 so it now reaches out the window and down to the ground.

Back