Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Shower Switch

speedialer

speedialer

Hello
I have the factory shower kit on my t6 and was wondering whether keeping the pump switch on, while shower head lever is off, will damage the pump. Indeed, the tiny recessed pump switch is not easy to toggle on and off so I use the lever on the shower head to stop the water for short periods up to a minute or so. One would assume the on/off lever on the shower head is there for a purpose but hearing the pump whirring with no water flowing makes me a tad nervous about repair bills…
Thanks

Good question. I would assume as long as the pump is submersed in water then the pump isn't running dry. tend to switch mine off if I'm enjoying soaping myself up a bit too much. Did you know you can latch the shower head in an on position by pressing the switch down and then up?

On ours once the pump has pressurised the system the pump turns off. Them turns on as required to maintain the pressure. So no water is being used the pump does not run.

Good question. I would assume as long as the pump is submersed in water then the pump isn't running dry. tend to switch mine off if I'm enjoying soaping myself up a bit too much. Did you know you can latch the shower head in an on position by pressing the switch down and then up?
i guess will just leave it running for short periods and see... yes the latch opening position very cool just too bad the shower system doesnt work like the sink!

On ours once the pump has pressurised the system the pump turns off. Them turns on as required to maintain the pressure. So no water is being used the pump does not run.
thats great what generation van do you have?