Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Volkswagen App ID Confirmation

A

AlfonzoBonzo1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi, everyone got a new CaliforniaOnTour this week. I’m trying to set up the app fully one area I think it helps you unlock vehicle. Perhaps you need consent and they need to confirm your ID this takes you to another app that opens up and connects with an agent, the other end to confirm , your identity against what they’re saying I think but it never works. I’ve tried 1 million times and they just keep saying bad connection. Can’t hear you I’m on a really strong connection using this for teams all day long. Don’t really know what to do next to get this enabled, and so frustrating anyone else this experience . IMG_0640.jpeg

I doubt there is any way round this. We had no trouble but did it from home connected to Wi-Fi. Maybe try a Wi-Fi hot spot, and enable Wi-Fi calling? Once you get through it takes around 5 minutes, and if I recall right, you need to go on camera (others may confirm).

I doubt there is any way round this. We had no trouble but did it from home connected to Wi-Fi. Maybe try a Wi-Fi hot spot, and enable Wi-Fi calling? Once you get through it takes around 5 minutes, and if I recall right, you need to go on camera (others may confirm).
I am on 150mb WiFi at home been trying all week with no success reinstall both apps too made sure all access to mic camera were allowed etc seems I’m stuffed at this stage

I am on 150mb WiFi at home been trying all week with no success reinstall both apps too made sure all access to mic camera were allowed etc seems I’m stuffed at this stage
That’s bonkers. Don’t suppose you’ve a dealer close - even a VW car dealership - use their Wi-Fi and have someone check your settings??

That’s bonkers. Don’t suppose you’ve a dealer close - even a VW car dealership - use their Wi-Fi and have someone check your settings??
Not that I trust to be able to spell WiFi dealership in Bristol is useless. I’m using an iPhone 15 PM just in case anyone is also same situation. Tried just now twice more same they can see me just can’t hear me and then start saying bad connection. mic is enabled under the app settings restarted reinstalled I can’t give up on this as it’s something I do need and will use so need to find a solution. As you say Bonkers

Wow finally I got it to work and you know the answer ? Old fashioned shouting and hand gestures I kid you not I had to shout so loudly but eventually after bending my if photo graphic it etc got it done. What a totally S**t process VWs digital team should be ashamed of themselves stop using the IDNow clowns. Not to mention how rude they are. Don’t believe me read the truspilot reviews same experience for me. Anyway rant over now back to enjoying the Cali

The irony is I accidentally managed to dial the ID company while I was randomly tapping away at the app and had to embarrassingly explain I had no ID to verify.

I’m using an iPhone 15 PM just in case anyone is also same situation. Tried just now twice more same they can see me just can’t hear me and then start saying bad connection. mic is enabled under the app settings
I set mine up using my desktop Mac no different to having any other teams/zoom meeting.
Once your id is verified against your vw account you don’t have to do it again when you change vans or add other vw group vehicles to your account.

I set mine up using my desktop Mac no different to having any other teams/zoom meeting.
Once your id is verified against your vw account you don’t have to do it again when you change vans or add other vw group vehicles to your account.
That was exactly my next option was just wondering how they would take photos and watch me flex the card with only the front facing camera but guess that would work the same. Thankfully all sorted now but what a pain

I had similar problems despite having superfast broadband at home (450mbs). Eventually worked when I called at 9am rather than in the evening.

Back