Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Vendee / Cap Feret Recommendations

B

BillBicker

Hello,

We''ll be in France for the last 2 weeks in August.

Does anyone know of good sites around the Vendee coast or the Cap Feret area?

We are a family of 4, kids aged 13 and 11 so pool facilities and/or easy access to a beach would be ideal. Plus of course good facilities, good pitches etc.

Many thanks for any help.

B

We stayed here:

http://www.flowercampings.com/en/campsi ... anadienne/

in May. We're a couple so looking for very different things from you, but here are my thoughts from our perspective.

The site is mainly fixed units and chalets but the few touring units were well positioned and the whole blended well. It is in mixed woodland in a semi urban setting. There is direct access to a good network of cycle tracks straight out of the back of the site, so bikes would be a definite plus. We enjoyed our rides around the area. With a more time than we had I think the beaches on the west side of Cap Feret would be accessible - around 7-8 km I think

Prices were ACSI discount rate out of season but would seem to be around €35 per day when you want to go. I suspect that is pretty much average rate for the time and area.

There is a adequate size pool (not massive) which looked good quality but was just being filled when we were there, and an excellent modern san block. Very friendly and helpful management. We liked Arès, as a low key sort of holiday town, and enjoyed the area generally. I guess it would get much busier in August! We also had a good day at Le Teich ornithological park and thought Arcachon town was an interesting large but civilised sort of place, slightly old fashioned seaside but in a good way.

Any questions please ask or PM me

Chris

As I say, what we're looking for will not be what you're after, but hope you can pick something out of this.