Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Update GPS

simplybikes

simplybikes

Hi folks....just bought my first Cali, 2006 in mint condition. I have a quick question. The GPS is one of those that is loaded by way of inserting a CD, I have the original but needless to say it is out of date at this stage. Would I be right in saying that an updated CD is going to cost me and is it worth it?

Many thanks.

Ian.

You would need to buy a new disc to update it. Would be worth speaking to our parts department to find out the latest disc that is available and the cost etc...

thanks

simplybikes said:
Hi folks....just bought my first Cali, 2006 in mint condition. I have a quick question. The GPS is one of those that is loaded by way of inserting a CD, I have the original but needless to say it is out of date at this stage. Would I be right in saying that an updated CD is going to cost me and is it worth it?

Many thanks.

Ian.

Hi,

what is the model number of your GPS?
I recently paid for 2014 European maps for a RNS 310 - not cheap!

simplybikes said:
I'll get the model number and let you know. How much did it cost you?

£135. Best price I could find but still seemed a lot of money.

Your right that is a lot. That equates to approx €160 for me which given that I have a stand alone GPS that I could use means it's probably not worth it. I'm sure I could find something else to buy for the van. Thanks for the info, you've just saved me some hard earned euro.

Regards,

Ian.

We need one too (Kenwood DNX520VBT); it's mostly fine but the crazy road building mania in Spain meant it was often very confused by new roads.

I can't find a recent one though.

Back