Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Uneven n/s/r tyre wear - 16" wheels

Graham

Graham

VIP Member
My nearside rear tyre is wearing very unevenly. I would expect it to wear faster than the o/s/r tyre because it carries more of the rear load (units being on that side etc), and indeed it is. However, the outside edge of my n/s/r tyre is down to the wear bar on the outside edge and only half worn on the inside edge. Is this common y'all or do I have an alignment problem?

I had this problem with out T4 Westy. I took it to one of those tyre places where they carried a major check on alignment. It was well out so they put it right and that was about it. It was quite expensive but cheaper than keep buying new tyres. I got them to check all four wheels but you may decide just to do the dodgy one.
Oh yes, it worked.

David

Graham said:
My nearside rear tyre is wearing very unevenly. I would expect it to wear faster than the o/s/r tyre because it carries more of the rear load (units being on that side etc), and indeed it is. However, the outside edge of my n/s/r tyre is down to the wear bar on the outside edge and only half worn on the inside edge. Is this common y'all or do I have an alignment problem?

I have the same problem, not sure how common it is though !

See a few where the nearside rear tyres wears first, moreso on panel vans where they are more susceptible to how the vehicle is loaded. There isn't a lot of adjustment in the rears, but you may be able to get a four wheel alignment carried out to check everything.

cheers

Uneven n/s/r tyre wear - 16" wheels

That is the corner with most load.

i had to cut the ajuster at the rear to get the toe out on the rear wheels .but my van is on coil overs .i did have 2 blow outs on the rear on pass side .best get the tracking done .need a good 4 wheel alinment centre .i put 45 psi in my tyres .all round ,i run 19inch wheels .