Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Under sink sliding door

H

Hogie

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
My 2015 California left hand under sink sliding door is loose in it’s runner when closed, this causes the most annoying rattle when the road surface is poor. I was wondering if there is a way of adjusting the door or is my only option to wedge it with an old cigarette card.

My 2015 California left hand under sink sliding door is loose in it’s runner when closed, this causes the most annoying rattle when the road surface is poor. I was wondering if there is a way of adjusting the door or is my only option to wedge it with an old cigarette card.
I had something fall against my door and break the upper hanging bracket. I bought a replacement and repaired it. It is held on with a couple of small screws, have these come loose?

To repeat it the only way i could do it was to empty the cupboards, remove the shelf and get my head and one arm inside. You might be able to use a mirror and feel to check.

If they are loose, you can tighten them, if they are damaged you can get a replacement from your VW supplier.

I had something fall against my door and break the upper hanging bracket. I bought a replacement and repaired it. It is held on with a couple of small screws, have these come loose?

To repeat it the only way i could do it was to empty the cupboards, remove the shelf and get my head and one arm inside. You might be able to use a mirror and feel to check.

If they are loose, you can tighten them, if they are damaged you can get a replacement from your VW supplier.
Thanks for the information, I’ll give it a check, the door runs okay, it’s just got a lot of play at the bottom when it’s closed

Thanks for the information, I’ll give it a check, the door runs okay, it’s just got a lot of play at the bottom when it’s closed
Has the bottom channel come unclipped and moved inwards?
If so, open door and pull channel firmly towards you, to reseat it.

I’m currently trying to stop my doors rattling, try a bit of loop Velcro, it’s just enough to offer a bit of resistance to stop the door moving

21530C6F-E1AB-480C-A448-1CDAECE7C58A.jpeg

Has the bottom channel come unclipped and moved inwards?
If so, open door and pull channel firmly towards you, to reseat it.
I’ve looked at the two doors and found that the left hand door has a lot of play at the bottom which causes it to rattle in the plastic runner, the right hand door has none of the play, so no rattle, very frustrating

I’ve looked at the two doors and found that the left hand door has a lot of play at the bottom which causes it to rattle in the plastic runner, the right hand door has none of the play, so no rattle, very frustrating
My left hand door is the same. But adding the Velcro to the left hand door also helps reduce the movement. The other option is to stick some felt to the edge of the bottom track that @WelshGas referred to. I think there is felt fixed to bottom of the door which wears out…… like the window blind runners!