Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ultimate real world watch

G

gatvol

I have a few mechanical watches. To set them I bought a Casio g shock solar powered digital that sets itself automatically every night using the rugby time signal

These watches are brilliant. Water proof, shock proof. One day in strong sun powers them for 9 months. They even know when it is dark and automatically operate the backlight when you raise your arm to look at the time

Cheap to buy at 60 quid. No one will mug you for it. No worrying about safes or insurance.

Today, my two happily set themselves overnight. Unlike every other watch and clock I own,

I have four G shocks!
My favourite watch is an automatic Seiko Diver.

My evening dress watch is solar powered... which always seems a bit odd :D

Otherwise my garmin forerunner GPS watch has to do to keep me on accurate time.

Sadly it will not cheat and improve my lap times :cry:

I used to have an Omega.. but still used to get my phone out of my pocket to check the time :lol:

Sold it last year and had a great holiday.. haven't missed it once guess I'm not a watch guy

Trotters said:
KernowLad said:
I have four G shocks!
My favourite watch is an automatic Seiko Diver.

Why only four ?

I must try harder. Assume you have a vast collection?! One of mine was a pricing error bargain - £120++ watch (solar atomic, tide times, everything) for £12 from Amazon!

I also have a HUGE Garmin 910XT triathlon "watch" but it's a bit big to be practical…

My 'find' for an everyday watch. £89 at Argos and a £5 voucher if you click and collect. Eco Drive so no opening required to change batteries.

watch.JPG

Well this was £12 instead of £120ish:

797959d1345581027-casio-gwx-8900-1-finally-arrived-_mg_0687.jpg

I wear it outside my wetsuit when surfing.

This was £90 instead of £250ish (new)

GS-1100-1AER.jpg

One is lost in the house (analogue digital "cockpit" that has very unclear dials but looks quite nice on a black metal strap) and the other is still going strong after 14 years - looks a bit gross but it stores loads of info in a memory bank and never dies!

GT-006BJ-1.jpg

And my recent buy, a Seiko Automatic on my own wrist:

Have to admit to also being a watchaholic with several G shocks & a Protrek. Will now have to visit Argos for the Citizen Eco Drive! My daily wearer is also the Automatic Seiko Divers

Hutch said:
Have to admit to also being a watchaholic with several G shocks & a Protrek. Will now have to visit Argos for the Citizen Eco Drive! My daily wearer is also the Automatic Seiko Divers

I was a bit close to getting sucked in and eyed up things like the Omega Planet Ocean (still love them) and similar. Luckily I saw sense and put the brakes on!

qazeta4u.jpg

When is comes to gadgets, especially watches and cameras, I can't help myself. Boys and their toys eh?

cullengr said:
qazeta4u.jpg

When is comes to gadgets, especially watches and cameras, I can't help myself. Boys and their toys eh?

Nice!

This is the one I might get one day…

3267982742_223fb67794_o.jpg

G My favourite watch. Moto gp classic :thumb

$T2eC16hHJGEFFmk53U(YBRpz,GQN+!~~60_35.JPG

I wear this every day, but really like the Victorinox Alpnach KernowLad posted, looks awesome.

photo.JPG

capt_steve said:
I wear this every day, but really like the Victorinox Alpnach KernowLad posted, looks awesome.

Ever tempted to set the emergency distress transmitter off just to see if it works :-D

I couldn't afford the fine if it was set off for fun :shocked

There is a test button on the back, so when traveling you can ask the pilot if it's okay to test it and he should hear it come up on his radio.

capt_steve said:
I couldn't afford the fine if it was set off for fun :shocked

There is a test button on the back, so when traveling you can ask the pilot if it's okay to test it and he should hear it come up on his radio.

Ohh cool didn't know that ;-)

Like the the Tissot Kev - also a bit of a motoGP fan.
We're hoping to get to COTF, if I can sort time of work, so may use it as an excuse for a new watch!

G